Is it safe to shoot? Found one out of 100 pack Remington "Range" LRN, the bullet is loose sitting on the cartridge, I pull it but doesn't seem to come out, just loose.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Remington Thunderbolt 22lr Rattle
Collapse
X
-
Good old Thunder-turds and Golden Turds, can't beat that Remington (lack of) quality ammo.
No I would not shoot it, just pull the bullet, dump the powder in your lawn as fertilizer and fire the empty case in your weapon of choice.sigpic

Bob B.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") -
Horrible, dirty, unreliable ammo. Seriously.Comment
-
What BR said. Nasty crap.Comment
-
Wait. What !?
The bullet on a Thunderbolt cartridge is not supposed to be loose and rattle around while sitting on the case? This is news to me... Remington must have let this pack of Thun-"turd"-bolts get by their QA/QC process. Tight bullets on top of a Thunderbolt case, who knew...
All kidding aside, I have shot 5,000+ Remington Thunderbolts out of my bolt action rifles and they work fine. (Semi-Auto not so much.) About 5% of the cartridges had loose bullets atop of the case. They should shoot fine.
Best regards,
870classic.Comment
-
And a fact stranger than fiction my Walther P22 loves Thunderbolts, feeds and ejects them surprisingly reliably.Comment
-
THIS.
It's amazing how many mfgs. tell you, "DON'T use Thunderbolts!" So the FIRST thing I do, is shoot Thunderbolts through 'em!
If they can't stand up to THAT, it's probably a firearm I DON'T want.sigpicComment
-
They gained a second life during the 22LR drought, sort of in the way that you could eat grass and boiled shoe leather if nothing else was available.Comment
-
Never had a problem with Thunderbolts And still have a bunch of them and other .22lr I'd be happy to sell. PM me.California Native
Lifelong Gun Owner
NRA Member
CRPA Member
....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."
Declaration of Independence, 1776Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,568
Posts: 25,149,299
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29556 users online. 114 members and 29442 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment