Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SQUIRRELS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Henry Shooter
    replied
    Waters cheap and fast
    Pellets cost money

    Leave a comment:


  • nedro
    replied
    Better yet, throw them over Adolf Newsom's fence.

    Leave a comment:


  • therealnickb
    replied
    Originally posted by NATEWA

    Leave a comment:


  • Canucky
    replied
    Originally posted by michaelf3
    The scope you have is good enough for 30 yards, no need to buy a new scope. You can use CCI quiet, or I would suggest getting Aguila Super Colibri. In a 16 inch barrel rifle, the ASC ammo makes no noise. I shot many rabbits at 30-40 years, one shot one kill with this ammo. You will need to manually cycle after each shot.
    Bought a case on freedom day. Use a bolt gun.

    Leave a comment:


  • edgerly779
    replied
    Must use non lead and have a license or even if you have a depradation permit in lieu of license. Only other option is pellet gun. Also check regs if you are in LA county.
    Last edited by edgerly779; 05-12-2020, 10:40 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • NorcalGSG
    replied
    A PCP air gun is best for higher volume pest control that is quiet. Look up on YouTube. They are easier on the upper body than a spring powered air rifle when doing lots of shots. I prefer the larger 22 size over the 177.
    And yes, bait stations properly maintained work well as can flooding the holes and waiting with a shotgun. Also have friends who use a metal flex pipe from a small gas engine exhaust to gas the holes and it slows down the activity as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • NATEWA
    replied
    Originally posted by August
    Ground squirrels are pretty easy to spot. My ranch is plagued with em. Years ago, I spent hours upon hours shooting em. Eventually I gave up. They are able to breed within months of birth. I don't poison because of my cattle and my horses.

    Leave a comment:


  • FeuerFrei
    replied
    My best results are had with a good subsonic load that can do 1" or less @50yds. I don't screw around with colibri mouse fart ammo. Scope power won't mean much if the rifle can't shoot small.

    Find a good load that your rifle likes and back off as far as you can. Prang away.
    I back off to 80-100 yards to choot'em. They don't understand what's happening when one of them flops over. That range also allows a second or third shot if I miss.

    G squirrels do make for satisfying moving targets. No batteries, winders or power sources that need charging.

    Keeping the squirrel Cong population controlled is like trying to fight a ground war in SE Asia. You win battles, but stalemate the war. The tunnel networks are too well dug and have many exits.

    Leave a comment:


  • michaelf3
    replied
    The scope you have is good enough for 30 yards, no need to buy a new scope. You can use CCI quiet, or I would suggest getting Aguila Super Colibri. In a 16 inch barrel rifle, the ASC ammo makes no noise. I shot many rabbits at 30-40 years, one shot one kill with this ammo. You will need to manually cycle after each shot.

    Leave a comment:


  • waynesworld12
    replied
    Get a couple of these guys

    Last edited by waynesworld12; 03-10-2021, 7:54 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • August
    replied
    Originally posted by 'ol shooter
    I sure hope you know which squirrels are protected and which aren't.
    Ground squirrels are pretty easy to spot. My ranch is plagued with em. Years ago, I spent hours upon hours shooting em. Eventually I gave up. They are able to breed within months of birth. I don't poison because of my cattle and my horses.

    Leave a comment:


  • 'ol shooter
    replied
    I sure hope you know which squirrels are protected and which aren't.

    Leave a comment:


  • NATEWA
    replied
    Oops - think I have this one.

    Simmons 511039 3 - 9 x 32mm .22 Mag(R) Matte Black Riflescope https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KOSB34..._5lIUEbWXWYEN6

    Leave a comment:


  • Canucky
    replied
    I've got an old 3x9 more than enough. Maybe a el cheapo sightron reflex. As mentioned open sights. I'm using colibri on rodents.

    Leave a comment:


  • NATEWA
    replied
    Simmons .22 Mag TruPlexReticle Riflescope with Rings (Black Matte, 4x32-mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006U0Z59A..._siIUEbC7YB5AA

    Once you start hunting them, they wise up. Bait stations and trapping were the most successful methods.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1