Waters cheap and fast
Pellets cost money
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SQUIRRELS
Collapse
X
-
Bought a case on freedom day. Use a bolt gun.The scope you have is good enough for 30 yards, no need to buy a new scope. You can use CCI quiet, or I would suggest getting Aguila Super Colibri. In a 16 inch barrel rifle, the ASC ammo makes no noise. I shot many rabbits at 30-40 years, one shot one kill with this ammo. You will need to manually cycle after each shot.
Leave a comment:
-
Must use non lead and have a license or even if you have a depradation permit in lieu of license. Only other option is pellet gun. Also check regs if you are in LA county.Last edited by edgerly779; 05-12-2020, 10:40 AM.Leave a comment:
-
A PCP air gun is best for higher volume pest control that is quiet. Look up on YouTube. They are easier on the upper body than a spring powered air rifle when doing lots of shots. I prefer the larger 22 size over the 177.
And yes, bait stations properly maintained work well as can flooding the holes and waiting with a shotgun. Also have friends who use a metal flex pipe from a small gas engine exhaust to gas the holes and it slows down the activity as well.Leave a comment:
-
My best results are had with a good subsonic load that can do 1" or less @50yds. I don't screw around with colibri mouse fart ammo. Scope power won't mean much if the rifle can't shoot small.
Find a good load that your rifle likes and back off as far as you can. Prang away.
I back off to 80-100 yards to choot'em. They don't understand what's happening when one of them flops over. That range also allows a second or third shot if I miss.
G squirrels do make for satisfying moving targets. No batteries, winders or power sources that need charging.
Keeping the squirrel Cong population controlled is like trying to fight a ground war in SE Asia. You win battles, but stalemate the war. The tunnel networks are too well dug and have many exits.Leave a comment:
-
The scope you have is good enough for 30 yards, no need to buy a new scope. You can use CCI quiet, or I would suggest getting Aguila Super Colibri. In a 16 inch barrel rifle, the ASC ammo makes no noise. I shot many rabbits at 30-40 years, one shot one kill with this ammo. You will need to manually cycle after each shot.Leave a comment:
-
-
Ground squirrels are pretty easy to spot. My ranch is plagued with em. Years ago, I spent hours upon hours shooting em. Eventually I gave up. They are able to breed within months of birth. I don't poison because of my cattle and my horses.Leave a comment:
-
I sure hope you know which squirrels are protected and which aren't.Leave a comment:
-
Oops - think I have this one.
Simmons 511039 3 - 9 x 32mm .22 Mag(R) Matte Black Riflescope https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KOSB34..._5lIUEbWXWYEN6Leave a comment:
-
I've got an old 3x9 more than enough. Maybe a el cheapo sightron reflex. As mentioned open sights. I'm using colibri on rodents.Leave a comment:
-
Simmons .22 Mag TruPlexReticle Riflescope with Rings (Black Matte, 4x32-mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006U0Z59A..._siIUEbC7YB5AA
Once you start hunting them, they wise up. Bait stations and trapping were the most successful methods.Leave a comment:
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,474
Posts: 25,148,150
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23521 users online. 46 members and 23475 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: