Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22lr California Gun Laws

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ooja3k
    Member
    • May 2009
    • 232

    .22lr California Gun Laws

    Hi,

    I inherited a Glenfield 60 in .22lr. Are there any laws prohibiting its use in CA?

    Thanks in advance!

    Ryan
  • #2
    PutTogether
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 2370

    Not if it's barrell is longer than 16" and it isn't fully automatic.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      GSequoia
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 1356

      You're good.

      A large capacity magazine means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more
      than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently
      altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds, a tubular magazine that is contained in
      a lever-action firearm, or a .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
      Alot isn't a word and allot isn't the word you think it is.

      I'd really like a Colt 1903 frame, bad finish okay!
      I'm also looking for a good deal on a 1911 frame or two for budget/spare parts builds.

      Comment

      • #4
        Model X
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 1305

        Originally posted by PutTogether
        Not if it's barrell is longer than 16" and it isn't fully automatic.
        Now what if its broken and occasionally goes full automatic, but usually doesnt?

        Comment

        • #5
          GSequoia
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2007
          • 1356

          Originally posted by Model X
          Now what if its broken and occasionally goes full automatic, but usually doesnt?
          Fix that ****!

          A full auto malfunction is bad news in any state. Just tearing it down and clenaing it may fix that if it's like a lot of .22s that are just never cleaned.
          Alot isn't a word and allot isn't the word you think it is.

          I'd really like a Colt 1903 frame, bad finish okay!
          I'm also looking for a good deal on a 1911 frame or two for budget/spare parts builds.

          Comment

          • #6
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            Originally posted by GSequoia
            Fix that ****!

            A full auto malfunction is bad news in any state. Just tearing it down and clenaing it may fix that if it's like a lot of .22s that are just never cleaned.
            I didn't know that you were supposed to clean them.
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            • #7
              GSequoia
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 1356

              Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
              I didn't know that you were supposed to clean them.
              Of course you do dumb a**.

              I think spec calls for once every 22,238 rounds fired.
              Alot isn't a word and allot isn't the word you think it is.

              I'd really like a Colt 1903 frame, bad finish okay!
              I'm also looking for a good deal on a 1911 frame or two for budget/spare parts builds.

              Comment

              • #8
                CSACANNONEER
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2006
                • 44094

                Originally posted by GSequoia
                Of course you do dumb a**.

                I think spec calls for once every 22,238 rounds fired.
                I gotta go. I've got to clean a couple rifles three and four times in a row just to catch up.
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                Utah CCW Instructor


                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                sigpic
                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                KM6WLV

                Comment

                • #9
                  bobbyblank
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 438

                  Originally posted by GSequoia
                  Of course you do dumb a**.

                  I think spec calls for once every 22,238 rounds fired.




                  Haha.... I laughed hard at that one

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1