What lenghts do you like to use with bolt action rimfires? 6-9" or 9-13". Just trying to get a goog idea.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Harris bipod lenghts?
Collapse
X
-
Harris bipod lenghts?
Tags: None -
i had a 9-13" on my 700. but i want to give the 6-9 a shot seems like it would be a lot more comfortable to me.ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕPSN Id: FNChesterCertified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium GTAW. &
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me. -
The 6-9" is better if you shoot mostly from the bench and only occasionally from the ground. The 9-13" is better if you shoot mostly from the ground. It really doesn't matter weather it is on a 22LR or a bigger rifle.sigpic50BMGBOB aka 50BMGLAZARUS aka 50BMGZOMBIEBOB aka the UN- DEAD!Comment
-
Original 1A2 Harris Bipods
Solid Base with Folding, Extendable Legs
1A2BR Harris BR (bench rest) Bipod 6-9 Inch
1A2BRM BR Bipod 6-9" w/Notches
1A2L Harris Bipod 9-13 Inch
1A2LM Bipod 9-13 w/Notches
1A2H Harris Bipod H 13-23"
Series S-Type Harris Bipods
Friction Locking Base Cants from Side to Side to Level Crosshairs
SBR Harris BR (bench rest) 6-9" S (swivel) BP (bipod)
SBRM BR 6-9" S BP w/Notches
SL Harris 9-13" S BP
SLM Bipod 9-13 S w/Notches
S25 Bipod 3 Pc S 11-23"
S25C Bipod 3 Pc S 13-27"
Choices ... Choices ... Choices
I would go with 6"-9" SBRM if you're shooting from the bench rest. For a bolt action, that more than enough. 9" will be tall enough to give enough clearance for large magazines if you decide to swap the bipod to a 10/22.Last edited by RogueSniper; 04-28-2009, 9:24 PM.I'm not having a glass of wine, I'm having SIX. It's called a tasting and it's classy.
Active Junky / Dvor
TARGET SPORT USA Prime Ammo referral - PM me
Stuff for sale:
Packer Stock (folding 10/22 stock)
Beretta Silver Pigeon SL2 Shotgun (Pump)
Kenwood ReceiverComment
-
i used the 9-13 shoting prone, i can only remember using it on my 10/22 from a bench 1 time. Shooting with the 9-13 prone was jsut to high and my ribs would be bruised, and my back would be stiff from lying on the desert ground. I used an old sock that was about 6" high and i didnt ache nearly as much.
Im going to get the 6-9 w/ leg notches. But any of the ones you get i would get the leg notches. they are worth it big time.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕPSN Id: FNChesterCertified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium GTAW. &
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.Comment
-
i have a 6-9 on my bolt gun but thats for the range only and some desert shootingComment
-
I have an S-BRM on every precision rifle I own.
I have an S-LM in my pack in case I get into a position where the 9" legs are not tall enough.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,639
Posts: 25,149,923
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23534 users online. 79 members and 23455 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment