Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 coming soon?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Saigon1965
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 17278

    Side by side with my HK94 - The weight and feel is similar -

    Originally posted by pbrand
    If you own an AR-15 and shoot one often I dont think you will be happy with this rifle. Ive never shot or held an MP5 so the GSG looks and feels cool to me, but I do own an AR15 and I think I would be disappointed with all the plastic on the rifle. I could be wrong though.

    Comment

    • #17
      Saigon1965
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 17278

      I can certainly see this going for a lot more than the MSRP of 500 - The GSG is 500 - Try to find one at that price -

      Comment

      • #18
        socalgunrunner
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 614

        Originally posted by saigon1965
        Side by side with my HK94 - The weight and feel is similar -
        I agree that the weight is similar, but the cheap plastic stock, and plastic receiver on the GSG5 do leave something to be desired.
        "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)

        Comment

        • #19
          bobbyblank
          Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 438

          Originally posted by Arteeel
          Everyone is saying it should be out around June for 450-500. so we'll see. Much rather get one of these as opposed to getting a dedicated upper for 600+.
          Why? Is the reciver interchangeable with a regular lower? If not, then i dont see the point.

          if you build an AR-22 then if you decided to build another AR, you have a lower reciver you can switch around. Buy this, and you just have another .22. I just dont see the point with the tacticool .22's such as the GSG-5 and this one. For the price of a GSG or this rifle, You can tacticool a 10/22 to the brim and still have cash for ammo, or just get a conversion kit for an existing AR, ooooor for a few more bones.. get a dedicated upper on a multi-cal lower and have an extra lower to use in a pinch...

          I just dont see it going for $500 so you might as well spend the money building something you can interchange with .223 uppers, ext. Maybe its just me
          Last edited by bobbyblank; 04-22-2009, 9:42 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            pbrand
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 914

            Originally posted by bobbyblank
            Why? Is the reciver interchangeable with a regular lower? If not, then i dont see the point.

            if you build an AR-22 then if you decided to build another AR, you have a lower reciver you can switch around. Buy this, and you just have another .22. I just dont see the point with the tacticool .22's such as the GSG-5 and this one. For the price of a GSG or this rifle, You can tacticool a 10/22 to the brim and still have cash for ammo, or just get a conversion kit for an existing AR, ooooor for a few more bones.. get a dedicated upper on a multi-cal lower and have an extra lower to use in a pinch...

            I just dont see it going for $500 so you might as well spend the money building something you can interchange with .223 uppers, ext. Maybe its just me
            +1!

            Comment

            • #21
              SirMikeAlot
              Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 202

              Originally posted by SDgarrick
              Some one needed to do it:
              Thanks. I wasn't sure how to post an image.

              I certainly hope we can use blackdog mags. If not, like others said, hope they come out with 10 round mags quick.

              I really do like what Spikes has, but for the price of a dedicated .22lr AR you can have this M&P15-22 and a GSG. Now if you already have an AR and want to buy a dedicated .22lr upper, it will run about $600 from Spikes. I am sure it is worth every penny, but I personally would prefer an entire rifle for about $100 less than a dedicated upper.

              At the end of the day I hope everyone gets all the rifles, uppers and so forth that they can afford to purchase. Whichever way you go, GSG, M&P15-22, Spikes .22lr upper, the new Sig 522 or a good ole 10/22 I am all for it. I say buy 2 or 3 of each .
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                Arteel
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 2392

                All personal preference. I would rather have a dedicated rifle in 22lr than switching and swapping everything around. I am not intending to buy something like this to look cool. It will be my range slut for praticing and for others to practice with to get a good feel for the AR style rifle without blowing hundreds on .223.

                Dont get me wrong, I would love to get an interchangeable upper. But for the money, I would rather have a complete rifle than spend more for just the upper.

                I was never really into those GSG-5's and when I do get my 10/22, it certainly wont be all tacticool. Ohh I'm fallin' hard for 22's. It's all your fault bobby.

                Originally posted by bobbyblank
                Why? Is the reciver interchangeable with a regular lower? If not, then i dont see the point.

                if you build an AR-22 then if you decided to build another AR, you have a lower reciver you can switch around. Buy this, and you just have another .22. I just dont see the point with the tacticool .22's such as the GSG-5 and this one. For the price of a GSG or this rifle, You can tacticool a 10/22 to the brim and still have cash for ammo, or just get a conversion kit for an existing AR, ooooor for a few more bones.. get a dedicated upper on a multi-cal lower and have an extra lower to use in a pinch...

                I just dont see it going for $500 so you might as well spend the money building something you can interchange with .223 uppers, ext. Maybe its just me

                Comment

                • #23
                  vf111
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 2741

                  I'll skip this as I have a Spikes dedicated upper which they build on real aluminum upper receivers including the forward assist (useless on the 22lr). Beauty of the Spikes compared to the S&W (assuming the lower is only good on a 22) is a person can change from 22lr to 223 just by switching uppers and therefore don't have to buy a complete 223 AR to shoot 223. Doesn't matter to me as I have plenty of toys but may matter to someone on a tighter budget.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    IDPA4U
                    Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 334

                    I believe the big appeal for this rifle will be that the bolt release functions like a centerfire AR. Its the one thing I wish my Spikes could do and the reason the upper isn't compatible with standard lowers. Other than just a tacticool .22 this rifle was designed to be a true inexpensive trainer for civilians and LEO. Everyone is getting hit by the cost of ammo so if a department can buy these as trainers, officers could get ten times the trigger time. I just hope its accurate, reliable, and they sell 10 round mags (I'm pretty sure the Blackdogs will not work as the operating system/bolt is very different but I hope I'm wrong).
                    Never Mistake Motion For Action"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Chunky_lover
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 1938

                      I dont see the need to get one of these unless for legal reasons in the future. My spikes conversion bolt takes about 10 seconds to change and I use the same setup im used to, I dont have to change rifles, grips, sights, etc. Since I only have 1 rifle I better get used to it and how all the parts work. Its hard enough finding 223 ammo anyways for a good price, but now all my sources for 22lr have dried up and im worried that me be going to be hard to come by.
                      Another thing about buying the conversion is the no 10 day wait, except for shipping and if its not in stock, but theoretically if a store had one you could shoot it the same day. It doesnt wear out any existing rifle parts, but you may have to tweak some to get it running, but for $200 it beats having to buy another rifle. With the conversion im not expecting to to dime sized groups, im expecting to have fun shooting it which I do until I have to scour the streets for more ammo. I was going to buy a gsg5 until they were so popular no one had them in stock, so I saved $300 and bought the bolt instead.

                      If someone gave me the new rifle I would take it, but for now I wouldnt buy one.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        bobbyblank
                        Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 438

                        Ohh I'm fallin' hard for 22's. It's all your fault bobby.
                        Lol, Dont blame me, they tend to suck people in all on thier own

                        I just gave you the extra "push" off the cliff

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          bluestaterebel
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 3052

                          i like it
                          Originally posted by 11Z50
                          Since your myopic view is in concurrence with your cognizant lifespan on this planet, obviously less than 20 years, I will grant you a dispensation.

                          Figure that out and exercise your mind.....

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            nukechaser
                            Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 195

                            Rimfire can't have +10 rounds? Huh?

                            Originally posted by SirMikeAlot

                            I certainly hope we can use blackdog mags. If not, like others said, hope they come out with 10 round mags quick.

                            .
                            Hi All! Am I missing something? Why the concern about magazine capacity limited to 10 rounds? .22LR is rimfire and is therefore exempt from the A/W rules. Correct?

                            If not, please set me straight. I could have sworn the A/W ban was for centerfire weapons.

                            If I am correct, then I hope someone comes out with a 50rd mag, quickly. It be nice to have one-mag-per-box.

                            Thanks!
                            "Dude, have you even read the Constitution?"
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              DRM6000
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 5950

                              Originally posted by nukechaser
                              Hi All! Am I missing something? Why the concern about magazine capacity limited to 10 rounds? .22LR is rimfire and is therefore exempt from the A/W rules. Correct?

                              If not, please set me straight. I could have sworn the A/W ban was for centerfire weapons.

                              If I am correct, then I hope someone comes out with a 50rd mag, quickly. It be nice to have one-mag-per-box.

                              Thanks!
                              aw laws are separate from mag capacity laws. you are correct, aw laws are for centerfire firearms.

                              10 rd limit applies to both centerfire and rimfire firearms.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Arteel
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 2392

                                Except tube fed devices right?

                                Originally posted by DRM6000
                                aw laws are separate from mag capacity laws. you are correct, aw laws are for centerfire firearms.

                                10 rd limit applies to both centerfire and rimfire firearms.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1