Looking to grab my first 10/22. With so many options available. Anyone with insight please chime in as I'm new the the Ruger 10/22. Considering a scoped COMPETITION or TAKEDOWN (Fluted) but open to others. Main purpose range use, target shooting. Thanks
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
10/22 Comp vs TD vs...
Collapse
X
-
10/22 Comp vs TD vs...
Tags: None -
Have TD and now considering M1 version. The non TD can swap after market stocks.Comment
-
The 10/22 platform has virtually endless options, not as many with the TD, but that serves a somewhat different purpose. Get a TD if you want a nice compact "travel" package, the Magpul Backpacker stock is a nice option, I built one of those around a stripped receiver, for "vacation".
I have a couple bullpup'd (ZK22 and Badger stocks) standard 10/22's, just something different...
Since they are .22 rimfire, you can have almost any options, including all the "scary" ones you can't have on a centerfire rifle because of "California".
You can find barrels from around a pound up to "heavy" bull barrels. I find most seem to shoot about as good as I can.
You can get stripped receivers and build your own, or just buy a cheap base model off the shelf (that's how I got hooked on the 10/22 platform) and swap things out for fun as you wish.
It's a versatile platform, lots of aftermarket parts for pretty much every "factory" part (you can build a 10/22 without a single "Ruger" component!). It's really up to you what you want to do with it. I always take at least one along on range trips just to "ding" the gong at the end of the range.
Fun & cheap to shoot, fun to customize (a bit less cheap!), mostly trouble free, and there's plenty of info out there if you do run into any issues.Comment
-
-
If I could do it all over I'd just skip all the intermediate steps and jump right to the higher end level.
Here would be my pick: https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-22L...-50_p_123.html
If you love rimfire you will eventually spend much more than this. I find rimfire target shooting very addictive because even my cheap side doesn't care about the ammo cost (decent ammo is less than 10c/rd)Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,395
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 12492 users online. 62 members and 12430 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment