Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What are the .22LR Ar platforms today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Guzman3605
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2019
    • 39

    What are the .22LR Ar platforms today?

  • #2
    crufflers
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2011
    • 12723

    PSA, CMMG, TACSOL, CHIAPPA. Probably others. I would shop in that order too, IMHO.

    Comment

    • #3
      alpha_romeo_XV
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 3150

      If you're desire is to swap out uppers in multiple calibers then get any mil spec lower. There are over a dozen brands of 22 LR uppers. Just be sure to make gun "featureless" when swapping a centerfire upper on it.

      Comment

      • #4
        Guzman3605
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2019
        • 39

        Comment

        • #5
          BigStiCK
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 3790

          Originally posted by alpha_romeo_XV
          If you're desire is to swap out uppers in multiple calibers then get any mil spec lower. There are over a dozen brands of 22 LR uppers. Just be sure to make gun "featureless" when swapping a centerfire upper on it.
          ^^^^THIS^^^^
          I have a DPMS .22 upper sitting on a Spike’s m4 lower. Its been flawless through 1000’s of rounds. Has a similar bolt to a Ruger 10/22. Very well made. Highly recommend.


          Edit- Linky....

          Last edited by BigStiCK; 03-26-2019, 1:24 PM.
          Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.

          ~Pope John Paul II

          Comment

          • #6
            crufflers
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2011
            • 12723

            Mine is a CMMG lightweight upper on a New Frontier polymer lower. Has been perfect IIRC. Only thing I had to do was swap in a milspec trigger group.

            If I built another I'd just build up a spec forged stripped lower and get a PSA AR-22 upper.

            Comment

            • #7
              SVGUY
              Member
              • May 2018
              • 262

              You don’t need to go with brand name.
              Buy a lower and build your own 22lr.

              Comment

              • #8
                Unforgiven
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 794

                Tactical solutions or JP.
                The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

                Benjamin Franklin

                Comment

                • #9
                  kzin
                  Member
                  • Oct 2017
                  • 185

                  Add Model 1 to your upper options,

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Guzman3605
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2019
                    • 39

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      crufflers
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 12723


                      HUH? Any AR-22 is a regular lower with a .22 upper. There are plenty that sell them as complete rifles. LANTAC Raven, KRISS, ATI, various AR parts slangers, etc... any regular AR upper in other calibers would pin on.

                      You could by any CA OK 5.56 like a Black Rain, Ruger, S&W, etc... at an LGS and then buy a PSA .22 upper.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        k1dude
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2009
                        • 15983

                        I've shot PSA and Nordic Components 22 uppers. No problems with either. One of the PSA's had a fairly tight chamber and took an extra push on the bolt to put into battery every few shots (until it broke-in). Now it's fine.
                        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Guzman3605
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2019
                          • 39

                          Originally posted by crufflers
                          HUH? Any AR-22 is a regular lower with a .22 upper. There are plenty that sell them as complete rifles. LANTAC Raven, KRISS, ATI, various AR parts slangers, etc... any regular AR upper in other calibers would pin on.



                          You could by any CA OK 5.56 like a Black Rain, Ruger, S&W, etc... at an LGS and then buy a PSA .22 upper.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            crufflers
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 12723

                            Originally posted by Guzman3605
                            Yeah. Sorry if it was confusing.

                            I just wanted something cheap that came in .22Lr but that I can swap a standard 5.56 upper if I wanted that’s all.
                            Yeah it wasn't clear that the price was the thing you had issues with...

                            AR-22's are more expensive than a lot of plastic or dedicated .22 only rifles.

                            I think my CMMG complete upper was $400 - maybe a little under that.

                            PSA complete .22 uppers are around $250-$300 I think



                            Lowers are pretty cheap to build. Still $450+ for a rifle. People always complained that AR-22's are as expensive as a centerfire AR.

                            My SIG522 was probably more than the cheapest AR22 you can build.
                            Last edited by crufflers; 04-18-2019, 9:55 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Harry Ono
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2018
                              • 965

                              Would a AR-9 make more sense instead of AR-22 ?

                              I guess the question would raise if 9mm considered AW ?

                              Overall, I dont see an avenue from AR-22 to AR-15.

                              I am seeing under 21 yr olds going for M1s and Mini 14s.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1