Finally grabbed this from my dad who held on to it after my grandfather past away back in 1996. Its been in the family for a long time. I know its not worth a whole lot but the sentimental value is strong. Stripped it all the way down because it wouldn't eject live or spent rounds at all. Gave it a good cleaning and now it spits live rounds out like a rocket, spent casings are still TBD as I haven't had any range time yet, hoping the cleaning worked as the parts looked fine.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ithica M-49
Collapse
X
-
I love my Ithaca 49. Mine has seen some serious use . Has killed coons, foxes , coyotes, rabbits , sheep ,goats , cows. I'd love to see some one start making them again. I love the falling block and it looks way cooler than a bolt or break action -
I shot this one when I was younger and can't recall its performance, all I have read though points to them being very robust and accurate. I can't find a good way to clean the bore though, the pull throughs get hung up on the feed ramp.Comment
-
Was this made in West Germany by Erma Werke? My daughter recently inherited a Wagonmaster EG71 that is suppose to be same as the Ithica according to the internet research I've done.Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,656
Posts: 25,150,189
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15513 users online. 129 members and 15384 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment