I kinda wanna make cinder block and wood shelf now. The inner cheapass in me calls for it. Though this makes me wonder how much ammo you guys already have in your cars. I still have a couple bricks of .22 in the back because thats what i can afford to shoot. That and those small boxes of loose ammo has a tendency to spill all over the damn place.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
AMMO, Buy as much as you can and stack it high
Collapse
X
-
-
i point my new shooters to websites. tell them be patient, or have patience to keep going to wally world or gun shows. so no, they don't get frustrated because i give them alternatives.Comment
-
Liberty... it means having and making the choice without the need to explain yourself... period...Your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking perhaps? You might benefit from reading my post again.
I whore. I admit it. But guess what- I did this over a year ago, at a point in time when ammo was plentiful and restocked the next day or week. I AM NOT the guy buying all of it now on a weekly basis. Sorry, but you'll have to point your displeasure at someone else. As I originally stated that while I'm a 'hoarder", I have yet to buy commercial (blazer, wwb, remington..etc etc) ammo in over 12 months.
Also don't mistake my attitude for elitism. Hard work doesnt entitle one to more freedom, it simply allows you to enjoy more of the freedoms society has to offer. If someone works harder/smarter/more than the next guy, then why shouldn't they be able to enjoy the benefits that come from a direct result of making more money? I'll give you an example as to avoid confusion.
[ex. 1] I want a BMW 5 series. They're about 80,000 US dollars. I work at McDonalds. For whatever reason, that's where I ended up. Nothing wrong with it, as it's an honest living, but the pay is minimum wage for California. I went to the BMW dealership and the nice salesman said he would sell me one. We did the math, and I would have to save for 3 months to meet the first month of payment. Minimum wage really needs to go up for me to be able to afford to buy one.
[ex. 2] I want a BMW 5 series. They're about 80,000 US dollars. At a younger age, I saw the value of a higher education. So, I busted my butt, attended university and finished med school. I am now a cardiac surgeon. The dealership said they would sell me one. I say, "no" and write them a check for 2- one black one white.
The only difference between the two is that one has a job that earns more income. They can both buy the BMW, but only one can really afford it. It's your responsibilty to be able to afford it- there's no entitlement or unfairness. No one's stopping you from buying it. If you want something, then by all means go and find a job that pays you well enough to afford it. Until then, you (like anyone else) should be free to buy whatever you want. We're not discussing things like 'gasoline, water, milk, bread". Remember, it's only ammo.
My main issue was with the OP's poorly veiled excuse for buying up ammo. I simply wanted to point out how 'refreshing' it was to see people use the guise of philanthropy to hide their selfishness.Comment
-
Cuba is actually booming in business, too bad for us american folks....it's been snatched by europeans, chinese and russians. Because we didn't want to business with cubans, oh well, someone else does and we're left out.Comment
-
I like reading Voo's replies, their very educational. seriously.[ex. 2] I want a BMW 5 series. They're about 80,000 US dollars. At a younger age, I saw the value of a higher education. So, I busted my butt, attended university and finished med school. I am now a cardiac surgeon. The dealership said they would sell me one. I say, "no" and write them a check for 2- one black one white.
anyways, to the quoted part. But wouldnt the price of the same 5 series BMW be lower in price by the time the kid finishes the 5 year college?
Originally posted by GottmitunsIt's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.Comment
-
This won't last long. Obama is bringing down the walls. The infrastructure there is so bad that there's plenty of room for Americans to get involved with modernizing Cuba should they allow it.Comment
-
It is hard to imagin that someone with nearly 500 posts on a gun forum would not have figured out that Wally World is WalMart but if you only signed on this past February it could be understandable.
BTW Alameda County WW stopped selling ammo some time ago.
Last edited by Parabellus; 04-18-2009, 7:10 PM.sigpicComment
-
i'm with you arteel... i kinda knew what wally world was (or thought that's what people meant), but never really saw it was actually walmart. so i 'googled' it. says walmart. and i only found this out technically this year. LOL
but yeah, i've been here a couple of years and never really paid attention to "wally world" term as i didn't really buy ammo there myself before this year.Comment
-
Interesting topic you have here. Buy all the ammo you want - too bad it will only cost you more next time because everybody knows you will always pay more. Unfortunately, you will price yourselves right out of the market. Was at a gun show last month and one of the ammo guys told me he sold $10,000 of ammo in the first 45 minutes of the show. He said he is thinking of raising the prices 20%. Guess what, he did raise prices, and sold the same amount in April as he did in March. Can't want to see what happens at the next show.Comment
-
Don't bother, stay home and make a slingshot, you oviously have the market dinamics figured out.Screw the environment! The sooner we trash this place the sooner we will have the political will to explore space and conquer the known universe, spreading like locust we will plunder, crush new enemies, take their women and if we are lucky, we shall meet our fate on the battlefield.
Faust.Comment
-
Don't buy if you don't want more - we are still in a free market economy (at least for now!). Prices might drop a little if the market slows (economy worsens, market saturation, etc)...all of which is unlikely at the moment.Interesting topic you have here. Buy all the ammo you want - too bad it will only cost you more next time because everybody knows you will always pay more. Unfortunately, you will price yourselves right out of the market. Was at a gun show last month and one of the ammo guys told me he sold $10,000 of ammo in the first 45 minutes of the show. He said he is thinking of raising the prices 20%. Guess what, he did raise prices, and sold the same amount in April as he did in March. Can't want to see what happens at the next show.
But I'll bet you a 500 rd. brick of WW special that ammo prices will continue to go up over time - metal supply costs are going up, taxes are going up, future potential regulation on the horizon, etc... Ammo is an expendable commodity, it's not an investment to hang on to.
Me, I'm now using up at least 500 .22LR rounds a month in range practice (to reduce expenses over my usual 40S&W and 30-06), so I'm happy to keep a few months stock on hand. 2K rounds in hand and 5K inbound now (found a killer deal on case of Wolf Match Target
).
BarryBarry
sigpic
"Environmentalists look at the gun, the car and the jet engine as instruments of Satan, but the mosquito has killed more than all three put together." Jeremy Clarkson, on the green movement
Thomas JeffersonComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,838
Posts: 25,152,245
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 12573 users online. 116 members and 12457 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment