What are the reviews of these conversion kits? Thinking of purchasing one.how acurate are they with a 223 upper? Do you have to purchase a new barrel? Are they legal with a lower marked 556/223?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
22LR Conversion Kits For An AR
Collapse
X
-
-
in my ar 15 with a drop in bolt from ccmg, in two hours my shooting improved from 4" - 5" groups to 1"-2" in groups shooting 22lr, best too hundred bucks i spent yet and i have my sights set for 223 and it shoots low about 2 inches out to 25 yards this weekend i an going out to lytle creek to see how it and i will d at 100 yards, this from a guy who could hardly hit the side of a barn at 50 yards and practiced with loads of ammo in 223 i had trouble with repeating my sight picture and now its almost second nature in about 2 hours of range time but thats me i did it to same money first getting to be a better shot is just icing on the cakeIf life throws you a curve.
DRIFT IT!
as for my punctuation i ran out and there on back order and for my spelling i am dyslexic so deal with itComment
-
x2, i picked up my CMMG bolt conversion fromin my ar 15 with a drop in bolt from ccmg, in two hours my shooting improved from 4" - 5" groups to 1"-2" in groups shooting 22lr, best too hundred bucks i spent yet and i have my sights set for 223 and it shoots low about 2 inches out to 25 yards this weekend i an going out to lytle creek to see how it and i will d at 100 yards, this from a guy who could hardly hit the side of a barn at 50 yards and practiced with loads of ammo in 223 i had trouble with repeating my sight picture and now its almost second nature in about 2 hours of range time but thats me i did it to same money first getting to be a better shot is just icing on the cake
or rmasold on here. And I love it. Straight drop in and fire set up. I have yet to have any problems with double feeds, stove pipes, failure to fire, failure to extract, etc. I am happy I spent the money on the conversin bolt and mags as to buying a dedicated upper that cost anywhere from 2-3 times the amount."Because 4 inches is big to a midget" - Dave AttellComment
-
I have a ciener conversion which works great. I have the carry handle sights dialed for 223 and I have a millet red dot mounted on top of the carry handled dialed for 22lr. Makes it easy to switch back and forth. MarkComment
-
Spikes kit, pic from first days of owning it.
100 yards 9x scope rapid fire
sigpicComment
-
The military M261 works good too.Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratingsComment
-
I have a Ciener adapter. To make it work correctly, I had to shave down my bolt stop and the bottom rear of the Ciener bolt, and cut a notch in the rear of the Ciener rail assembly to eliminate interference from my buffer retainer. I'd get the CMMG or Spike's next time.
The good news is that using a DPMS 16" 1X9 twist upper, I get about 2" groups at 50 yards and 4-5" groups at 100 yards with Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo if the wind doesn't blow too hard at Circle-S.
AFAIK, it's not what the lower says that matters - it's what the weapon can chamber that matters.I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!Comment
-
I was looking on midway and someone mentioned using Aguila SSS Sniper Subsonic Ammunition in an ar with a conversion kit. They said it worked great with the 1 in 9 twist rate of the AR barrel. Might be worth looking into.Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifespan.Comment
-
If life throws you a curve.
DRIFT IT!
as for my punctuation i ran out and there on back order and for my spelling i am dyslexic so deal with itComment
-
Thats one of the nice things about this kit, no barrel, no 10 day wait for a new rifle, just swap out the bolts and thats it. Now you can use your same rifle your used to, to practice on.sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,487
Posts: 25,148,273
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19600 users online. 109 members and 19491 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment