Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chaos47
    replied
    Assuming you have the correct ring diameter for your scopes tube and the correct profile height to clear your objective you should be well served with the UTG 1 piece mount.

    Leave a comment:


  • FUBAR
    replied
    I got a cheap Simmons 4x32 for under $30 and works great. I have the UTG and and is the best $15 I spent. You are GTG TJR. Have fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • TJRiordan
    replied
    Hi Forum,

    I'm the owner of a new Marlin 795 ss and I'm deciding on a scope. The Simmons Master Series 4 - 12x40 A/O looks good and I want to mount it using the UTG Airgun .22 Medium Profile Integral 1-Inch Ring Mount to prevent walking on the rail.

    Have I done my homework correctly? Will this setup work for my rifle?

    Thanks for your advice,

    Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • bobert
    replied
    Don't forget about the MCarbo Spring Kit!

    Leave a comment:


  • Chaos47
    replied
    Its really not that hard to fit the boyds stocks... I did 2 in one evening

    Leave a comment:


  • DasBoost
    replied
    Originally posted by goofcat
    So, basically nothing new under the sun. Boyd's still don't make a stock for the 795. DIP is still out of stock on triggers and guards, I can get a nicer bolt handle and there is a 25 round mag built after the old Ram line junk.

    Seriously, with the amount of 795s sold by Marlin, doesn't anyone want our money?

    I guess I'll check back in another 3 years to see if anything else develops.
    JoeBob Outfitters has DIP and Rimfire Technology. RT I ordered from the website and DIP I got from JBO for a little less and cheaper shipping overall than direct from DIP. Great service as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • goofcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaos47
    Boyds has stocks (minor fitting required)
    DIP has triggers, trigger guards, rail adapters
    Rimfire Technology has bolt handles
    Champoin has a 25 round magazine (not for CA but hey it is for the 795)
    So, basically nothing new under the sun. Boyd's still don't make a stock for the 795. DIP is still out of stock on triggers and guards, I can get a nicer bolt handle and there is a 25 round mag built after the old Ram line junk.

    Seriously, with the amount of 795s sold by Marlin, doesn't anyone want our money?

    I guess I'll check back in another 3 years to see if anything else develops.

    Leave a comment:


  • MasterrEugene
    replied
    is my Marlin 795 the only marlin 795 to have a bolt that kinda moves up and down when nudged when in the closed position

    Leave a comment:


  • thrillhouse700
    replied
    Last weekend I took out my AR my 795 and my 308AR and I could not keep my 795 out of my hands. Maybe its the cost of ammo, or the reliability, or its general sexiness. I took the scope off and took the bipod off and went with just iron sights and had a blast. Ordered sling swivels and a sling and next check, tech sights.

    Only thing I want is a thicker gripping area on the front part of the stock. Anyone marine tex theirs or something? I have a sheet of kydex I was thinking about making a custom forend for it. It just feels like Im holding a toy gun.

    Leave a comment:


  • DasBoost
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaos47
    Boyds has stocks (minor fitting required)
    DIP has triggers, trigger guards, rail adapters
    Rimfire Technology has bolt handles

    Champoin has a 25 round magazine (not for CA but hey it is for the 795)
    DIP Triggerguard/Trigger Kit is great and Rimfire Technology's bolt handles make an amazing difference! If I could only do one thing to a 795, it'd be a tough choice between the Tech Sights (on order) and the RT bolt handles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chaos47
    replied
    Boyds has stocks (minor fitting required)
    DIP has triggers, trigger guards, rail adapters
    Rimfire Technology has bolt handles
    Champoin has a 25 round magazine (not for CA but hey it is for the 795)

    Leave a comment:


  • goofcat
    replied
    Okay! this thread is now 3 years old. I'm just wondering if there has been any new after-market items for the 795?

    Several of the links in the first page of the post no longer works.

    Leave a comment:


  • goofcat
    replied
    Okay! this thread is now 3 years old. I'm just wondering if there has been any new after-market items for the 795?

    Several of the links in the first page of the post no longer works.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ricky-Ray
    replied
    I bought one of the UTG bipods for my Marlin and I had to shave some of the stock off so I could get the sling adapter to fit. I finally got fed up with all the shaving I had to do and I went to Walmart and bought a Winchester branded bipod for $25 bucks and it just screw's onto the sling stud. If you want to attach a sling there's a sling adapter on the bipod itself so you attach the sling there. With the Winchester bipod I was able to install both the bipod and sling in less than 10 mins.

    I've only shot it 2 times so far but so far it's steady and solid. I'll save the UTG bipod for something that has a picitany rail.

    Leave a comment:


  • r31ncarnat3d
    replied
    Originally posted by libertyordeath
    I got 2 mags from midway for $42 shipped, also those utg bipods do the connect to the stud for the sling. I get my 795 out this sat can't wait.


    It's so funny everytime I dros a gun I always say I never felt like this about my others guns I can't wait. Which is not true
    Lucky you; I have to wait until next Wednesday.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1