Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick1236
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt Jack
    Cool, you won't be disappointed with the rifle. I have also been looking at that scope at Wally world, let us know what you think about it!

    On a side note:
    I was at Big 5 a couple of days ago and overheard a young man asking the clerk about the Colt .22 AR. He said he attended the local community college and recently began having an interest in guns but did not really know where to start. He also needed to save up for the purchase. I told him about Calguns and also pointed out that the 795 next to the AR was a better deal.

    Funny thing is he was also looking at 12g shotguns and was considering one of those for "home defense." I shared my opinion that the .22 was probably a better intro firearm, but a shotgun wouldn't be a bad 2nd. I wonder if he just recently saw Zombieland or something? But anyway, hopefully he makes it to CG.
    I've bought my first rifle in january of this year, and have since bought 3 more and I'm looking at a getting a handgun and a 12ga. My obsession came with the forcasted obama gun ban. I dont wanna be left high and dry when the **** hits the fan and the riots start.

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by XDseb
    3 days left.....

    Picked up the Bushnell 4x32 scope at Wal-mart for $30 last night. should be good enough for me.
    Cool, you won't be disappointed with the rifle. I have also been looking at that scope at Wally world, let us know what you think about it!

    On a side note:
    I was at Big 5 a couple of days ago and overheard a young man asking the clerk about the Colt .22 AR. He said he attended the local community college and recently began having an interest in guns but did not really know where to start. He also needed to save up for the purchase. I told him about Calguns and also pointed out that the 795 next to the AR was a better deal.

    Funny thing is he was also looking at 12g shotguns and was considering one of those for "home defense." I shared my opinion that the .22 was probably a better intro firearm, but a shotgun wouldn't be a bad 2nd. I wonder if he just recently saw Zombieland or something? But anyway, hopefully he makes it to CG.

    Leave a comment:


  • XDseb
    replied
    3 days left.....

    Picked up the Bushnell 4x32 scope at Wal-mart for $30 last night. should be good enough for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
    So your the one who got it. I was going to buy it but waited til I got home and then is was gone.
    LOL. I saw it and had to jump on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    So your the one who got it. I was going to buy it but waited til I got home and then is was gone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    Well I'm for sure getting the ATI stock, infact I found one on ebay for $35 and free shipping

    Leave a comment:


  • bigthaiboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Merc1138
    Honestly I think a cheek pad would be more important with the grip angle on the fiberforce, as that relieves the angle I need to keep my wrist with the standard stock, but still keeping my elbow bent the same. My biggest gripe with the factory stock(aside from the small size in general) is the chin-weld when using an optic instead of a cheek weld.
    I see what you mean, also for right hand grip is further foreward.

    Leave a comment:


  • Merc1138
    replied
    Originally posted by bigthaiboy
    Oh, without doubt, the ATI stock provides a very comfortable shooting grip. My main gripe with it, is the anorexic look of the buttstock. That obviously doesn't effect the ergonomics. As the buttstock is so thin, it makes it very difficult to find an existing recoil pad that can be modified to fit the butt to give you that extra 1" extension.
    Honestly I think a cheek pad would be more important with the grip angle on the fiberforce, as that relieves the angle I need to keep my wrist with the standard stock, but still keeping my elbow bent the same. My biggest gripe with the factory stock(aside from the small size in general) is the chin-weld when using an optic instead of a cheek weld.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigthaiboy
    replied
    Oh, without doubt, the ATI stock provides a very comfortable shooting grip. My main gripe with it, is the anorexic look of the buttstock. That obviously doesn't effect the ergonomics. As the buttstock is so thin, it makes it very difficult to find an existing recoil pad that can be modified to fit the butt to give you that extra 1" extension.

    Leave a comment:


  • Merc1138
    replied
    Originally posted by bigthaiboy
    I'm not sure you would be any better off with the ATI stock. The buttstock is practically the same length as the original stock. The muzzle device is a cheap 10/22 brake I bought off Ebay a long time ago from this seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/Ruger-10-22-Muzz...item5d2824b194

    Technically, it's actually a flash hider since it's got a large open hole on the end. It needs some filing on the cut-out for the front sight blade, since the Ruger one is slightly slimmer. It's a tight fit, and has a set screw. I'm planning on changing that out soon, now that I recently bought the tools to cut a 14x1mm LH thread onto a .22 barrel.
    Yeah, I've seen from the pics that the length of pull is essentially the same, but it would seem that the pistol grip would help with the ergonomics a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigthaiboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Merc1138
    Bigthaiboy, would you say that fiberforce stock works better for a larger person?(I'm 6'6", and to be honest, the 795 is a neat little rifle, but the stock is tiny...), and what is that muzzle device on the end?
    I'm not sure you would be any better off with the ATI stock. The buttstock is practically the same length as the original stock. The muzzle device is a cheap 10/22 brake I bought off Ebay a long time ago from this seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/Ruger-10-22-Muzz...item5d2824b194

    Technically, it's actually a flash hider since it's got a large open hole on the end. It needs some filing on the cut-out for the front sight blade, since the Ruger one is slightly slimmer. It's a tight fit, and has a set screw. I'm planning on changing that out soon, now that I recently bought the tools to cut a 14x1mm LH thread onto a .22 barrel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Merc1138
    replied
    Bigthaiboy, would you say that fiberforce stock works better for a larger person?(I'm 6'6", and to be honest, the 795 is a neat little rifle, but the stock is tiny...), and what is that muzzle device on the end?

    Leave a comment:


  • bigthaiboy
    replied
    You only need to modify the trigger guard area by extending the existing cut out, since the 795 trigger guard is longer than the Model 60 one. It's much easier than it sounds as the plastic around that area is quite thin. It took a couple of minutes with a Dremel.

    Although the stock is designed for the Model 60, you can see where ATI have designed this stock so it will fit the 795 with a little modification, as the mag well cut out is in there.
    Last edited by bigthaiboy; 03-04-2010, 4:06 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Looks good. How much work was needed to modify it to fit?

    Leave a comment:


  • bigthaiboy
    replied
    Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
    Anyone in this thread mount the Druganov stock to their 795?

    Yes, I've posted a picture before, but here is a more current photo:

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1