Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Treat yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • XDseb
    replied
    I had a chance to put a couple hundred more round through my 795 this weekend and its been flawless. So far its gone through 1 box of 525 bulk Federal ammo without a single issue.

    BTW, they are still on sale at Turner's for $110, I'm tempted to get another one.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    lightly sandpaper the slide to remove the burr. I am going to take my 795 and my Savage 93R17 to the range on Sunday if anyone would like to join me?

    Shoot me a PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    Little bit of a let down... THe aguila SSS ammo isnt as quiet as I hoped. Its actually louder then the remington subsonic and it has a lower FPS. It also produces A LOT of smoke.

    Also... I noticed that the next round to be chambered in the magazine is getting a groove cut into it. I think its coming from the slide. It actually cutting a pretty big groove on the top of the round. Will this cause me problems with bits of lead getting stuck in the reciever?? I took some pictures I can post them later today.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    YES!! I just got a delivery notification that my ammo has arrived at my front doorstep. SWEET!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    I get my adaptor on Friday then I can finally get my red dot sight setup

    Leave a comment:


  • rromeo
    replied
    So, $155 OTD, then $25 back, I'm happy. Sports Authority does the same as Big 5, so I pick it up in 11 days.

    Leave a comment:


  • kpw001
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragunov
    make SURE you locktite the front sights and tighten the other screws. My front sight nearly fell off the first time I took it out after about a hundred rounds.
    +1

    My front sight actually came off thankfully it happened while the gun was in the case. Probably didn't help I had it setup next to my friend's 50 cal. that we were shooting all afternoon.

    Leave a comment:


  • rromeo
    replied
    I'm in the middle of the transaction at Sports Authority right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragunov
    replied
    Originally posted by Glackowitz
    Hello all!! First post here and Im not even in Cali

    I just bought a 795(last night) for 119 at Sports authority, background check and ammo was like 136.97 plus the 25 rebate will drop it I only bought a couple 50 round boxes to keep the price down

    The flyer in todays paper had it on sale again for 119.00 for the week

    I took it out today with my daughters 12 and 9 and ran a box of rounds through it...only 1 dud and 1 shell stuck not bad

    we only killed 2 plastic pop bottles at 25-30 yards...I didnt even try to sight it in just yet..wanted to get the kids more comfortable with it first.
    We did manage to hit the bottles a few times, I ended up finishing them off with the 12ga
    I have one of those too. GREAT little tack driver, but make SURE you locktite the front sights and tighten the other screws. My front sight nearly fell off the first time I took it out after about a hundred rounds.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    PM sent.

    Leave a comment:


  • XDseb
    replied
    Anyone want to buy a factory 795 synthetic stock?

    I bought an extra one to tinker around with and painted it Olive Drab and really liked it, so i dont think i will be going back to the black one that came with my rifle. When i picked up my rifle, I changed stock immediately, so its brand new.

    If anyone is interested let me know...say $25 + shipping if necessary.

    (hope im not breaking any rules by offering the stock in this thread)

    Leave a comment:


  • Beetle Bailey
    replied
    Just got my rebate from Marlin over the weekend so it does take a while for them to do it, but it brings my OTD price to about $175. I know I paid a bit more than other people because I missed the sales, but I don't mind since I am very happy with the rifle. Have shot about 2500 rounds thru it now with only one failure (it was dud round) and it loves the Winchester 333 as well as Federal bulk ammo. I've gotten a few 10-shot 1" groups at 50 yards with it as well, using CCI MiniMags.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    There were over 50 bulk packs of Winchester 333 round packs today at my local walmart. If anyone needs them PM me.

    Leave a comment:


  • caoboy
    replied
    Got my scope sighted in at 25 yards, then ran out of ammo. (was shooting the 22/45 as well)

    Next weekend I should be able to get it sighted in at 50, maybe even 100 yards w00t! This is only a fixed 4X, I have a 6-18, but it's a 50mm and I don't have high enough rings for it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1