Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New to me S&W Mod 41

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JagerDog
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2011
    • 15617

    New to me S&W Mod 41

    5.5" heavy barrel. ~1972 mfg. 95+%

    Wanted one of these for awhile. Came across the right deal.

    Merry Christmas to me.
    Palestine is a fake country

    No Mas Hamas



    #Blackolivesmatter
  • #2
    RickD427
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2007
    • 9276

    Congrats, The model 41 is one sweet pistol. I'm sure that you'll be very happy with it.

    Now, go and get yourself a variety of barrels.
    If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

    Comment

    • #3
      1911man
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 1575

      Congrats, just pick up one myself. 7" barrel, it's a little bit lighter than the 5" . I have 2 extra mags. If you want them, text me. Shoot it for the first time, looked at it and said " where have you been all my life!"
      Last edited by 1911man; 12-22-2017, 5:46 PM. Reason: Info

      Comment

      • #4
        JagerDog
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2011
        • 15617

        Originally posted by RickD427
        Congrats, The model 41 is one sweet pistol. I'm sure that you'll be very happy with it.

        Now, go and get yourself a variety of barrels.
        Such as? I see factory S&W barrels and Clark Custom so far.

        My CCI- SV ammo arrived to day too. All my stuff was HV, some quiet and shorts/CB

        Originally posted by 1911man
        Congrats, just pick up one myself. 7" barrel, it's a little bit lighter than the 5" . I have 2 extra mags. If you want them, text me. Shoot it for the first time, looked at it and said " where have you been all my life!"
        Yah..I think the 7" is a lighter profile. PM coming
        Palestine is a fake country

        No Mas Hamas



        #Blackolivesmatter

        Comment

        • #5
          russ69
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2009
          • 9348

          The heavy 5.5 is the one to get. I had to put a spring kit in mine to shoot LV match ammo.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            JagerDog
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2011
            • 15617

            Originally posted by russ69
            The heavy 5.5 is the one to get. I had to put a spring kit in mine to shoot LV match ammo.
            I just received a couple bricks of basic CCI - SV. I may play with some higher end stuff in the future.

            I've seen the Wolff spring kits and shock buffers.

            I shot 5 rounds of Blaser at my friend's house (indoor bullet trap) just for a function check.

            The trigger is amazing (and light).
            Palestine is a fake country

            No Mas Hamas



            #Blackolivesmatter

            Comment

            • #7
              TKM
              Onward through the fog!
              CGN Contributor
              • Jul 2002
              • 10657

              McFadden makes a loader with a M41 adapter(lots of others too) that will really ding your ammo budget.

              It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

              Comment

              • #8
                stevie
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3856

                Great pistol, enjoy!

                Comment

                • #9
                  RickD427
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 9276

                  Originally posted by JagerDog
                  Such as? I see factory S&W barrels and Clark Custom so far.

                  My CCI- SV ammo arrived to day too. All my stuff was HV, some quiet and shorts/CB



                  Yah..I think the 7" is a lighter profile. PM coming
                  I'd start with the two S+W barrels, you also can mix up the optics. I have both S+W barrels for my Model 41. I haven't tried the Clark barrels yet.

                  Check out this thread over at Rimfire Central: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=496603

                  There's a lot of fun to be had with a really well made .22. I just like the idea of using it to make the smallest hole possible in my target with as many bullets as possible.
                  If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1