Where is the best place to find and old 10/22, 1980s or older? just looking for one to go with my 1977 Ruger 44 Carbine and and 1978 Mini 14.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 10/22?
Collapse
X
-
Old 10/22?
Soli Deo Gloria.Tags: None -
If I were looking I would check the Calguns marketplace, Gunbroker and Rimfirecentral.com. Consider placing WTB ads on Calguns and Rimfirecentral. I also read posts about pawnshops being good sources of vintage rifles. -
I've got one from '68 but it's not for sale, and if it was, it would be very expensive.
I found mine in a pawn shop in a little town in Alabama. I don't think they knew what they had. It was $125 out the door, and only had a few light dents on the stock. 50 year old gun that looked like it had been in a closet most of its life.
Last edited by joe47; 09-14-2017, 4:11 AM.Comment
-
I have one from 1983 that was never fired and i am kind of hanging on to it. The owner even had the banana clip with it that was still in the package. Bought a luger style Ruger pistol from the same person who never fired it. Just bought them and left them in the closet.Comment
-
Sounds like the way my 44 mag carbine was. Thing is clean and fun to shoot! Just picked up a super clean Mini 14 to go with it, and after Ruger has treated me fairly well, I want to add another ruger to the collection.I have one from 1983 that was never fired and i am kind of hanging on to it. The owner even had the banana clip with it that was still in the package. Bought a luger style Ruger pistol from the same person who never fired it. Just bought them and left them in the closet.Soli Deo Gloria.Comment
-
Krauseworks in San Mateo had several old 22 rifles last time i was there . not too expensive either. was not looking for a 22 at the time so i do not remember exactly what they had. they are just off of 92 and el camino realLast edited by Henpeckd; 09-20-2017, 7:34 PM.Comment
-
I just picked up a 1972 Ruger 10/22 rifle. The rifle has many cosmetic issues and the barrel has a crack. However the action and bolt are very solid and function. I plan on customizing this to make it a precision shooter.
Being that it is a 1972 rifle, will the more modern kidd barrels, kidd trigger and new stock still marry up to the receiver?Comment
-
I picked one up for $125 at a pawn shop in Riverside. It had a ATI Dragonov stock on it but so what. The date code is 6/70.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,874
Posts: 25,152,683
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17300 users online. 111 members and 17189 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment