My extractor to my 10/22 some how dislodged itself and disappeared between the last time I put it in my safe to disassembling it for cleaning this evening. I need an extractor, spring and plunger. Are the aftermarket options worth it? I never had an issue with the factory extractor. I'm getting the 10/22 bug. First it was a red dot, then I ordered a BX trigger, aftermarket extractor involuntarily, whats next.....
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ruger 10/22 Extractor
Collapse
X
-
I find replacing the extractor with something like the volquartsen manditory on all Ruger .22's SO muchmore reliable.Comment
-
You might as well go with a good tool steel extractor now. Volquartsen, JWH Customs, Power Custom, etx.It was just an old plywood boat, with a '75 Johnson, with electric choke. A young boy, two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel.Comment
-
KIDD 10/22 products are by far the best:My extractor to my 10/22 some how dislodged itself and disappeared between the last time I put it in my safe to disassembling it for cleaning this evening. I need an extractor, spring and plunger. Are the aftermarket options worth it? I never had an issue with the factory extractor. I'm getting the 10/22 bug. First it was a red dot, then I ordered a BX trigger, aftermarket extractor involuntarily, whats next.....
Comment
-
I put a green Mountain bull barrel, an a hogue stock and added a Muhller scope, I think it's a 3.9x40, with a bipod from Walmart and is GTG all dayComment
-
This is my "go to" Ruger .22 extractor. It can also be installed in 10/22's along with the Mark pistols.
Comment
-
The first thing I replace on my 10/22s (and Mark IIIs) is the crappy extractor.
Here is why:

The Ruger one is obvious. An aftermarket one will be better (I use KIDD).
10 bucks for a new and improved part is cheap, a no-brainer._______________
"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy CrockettComment
-
Ya - me for instance. I got hooked on rimfire central when I was rebuilding my 1975 10/22.
Including all VQ internal parts, VQ receiver, Fajen Target stock, & Green Mountain barrel - $1,200. But she'll shoot the eye out of a gnat.
Good news was, I reassembled all the old parts and had my original 10/22 back.It's not a World War until France surrenders.
sigpicComment
-
I use Kidd in my newer 10/22, but the parts in my 1970 are good quality. For instance, the charging handle is stainless with a higher quality spring. Sights are Lyman ectComment
-
I have a Volquartsen extractor on one 10/22; Power Customs (both EDM and titanium) extractors on my Ruger pistols; but my last two 10/22s have factory extractors, one tuned and the other that I haven't touched yet. All function perfectly. It only takes 5 minutes with a stone and cheap needle file to increase the engagement and fix the angles on the factory extractor.

I always knock off the lower corner of the claw, even on the aftermarket extractors, to improve feeding, just like on my Que'd bolt.
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,523
Posts: 25,148,596
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 14904 users online. 128 members and 14776 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment