Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finally mounted an optic on my STG44 B-square & Aimpoint.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tiger222
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2396

    Finally mounted an optic on my STG44 B-square & Aimpoint.

    I've been looking for an optic for the STG44, wanted something that would look not necessarily historically correct, but congruent with the feel of the rifle.

    Tried all sorts of magnified optics, but the mounting point was either too close or too far, depending on if I was using the factory scope mount, or a HK scope mount.

    On a whim this morning, came across a beater B-square scope mount for HK's and a beater Aimpoint MKIII with no front screw.

    After some fiddling around, I got this ~



    The line of sight is perfect and slightly heads up, which is nice, I found the factory irons to be a shade low for me. On the gun, the look works (for me) the items are retro enough to blend in with the older look of the rifle.
    Seriously missing the 80's.....
  • #2
    DennisCA
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 4069

    Interesting-how does it shoot?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

    Comment

    • #3
      tiger222
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 2396

      You're going to laugh, but I've never shot it - yet (I've had it for 2 years or so)
      Just in handling the rifle, the sight gives a nice heads up position
      Hopefully will make it to the range next week?
      The overall profile of the set up is really cool looking this way
      Seriously missing the 80's.....

      Comment

      • #4
        DennisCA
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 4069

        I have one that I bought a couple of years ago (From Big 5 - they were closing them out, so I got a decent deal on it). Mine is just open sights. I've taken it to the range several times, it never fails to turn a few heads! I had a range office ask me one time - is that a real one? I just smiled and said "Sadly no - it a replica". My only complaint it has a 10-round mag, (I have two of them-came with the rifle) stupid CA laws. A 25 round mag would be soooooo much fun to shoot!
        "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

        Comment

        • #5
          tiger222
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 2396

          Lol, I too heard the Big5 call, iirc it was around thanks giving or Xmas a while back.
          Every time I think it's time to sell it, I realize how badass this thing is!

          I may hit it with some white plasti-dip spray & give it a winter camo look one day? The optic reminds me of the 'vampire' set up they had in a much smaller scale.
          Seriously missing the 80's.....

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1