Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best Value Aftermarket 10/22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • markgrubb
    Member
    • Jun 2005
    • 343

    Best Value Aftermarket 10/22

    Several makes build complete 10/22's. Which is the best value for Appleseed and "action" type shooting?

    Thanks, mark
  • #2
    Pardini
    Senior Member
    • May 2014
    • 1204

    Magnum Research is a great gun for the money. More than a Ruger but a lot more gun for the money. I think it has a Ruger trigger group, but a much lighter and smoother pull than a NIB Ruger 10/22.
    Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
    Excellent! I am thinking about it as well and I only have 4 points and an unfortunate "match bump" up to expert classification where I am far less "competitive" with my peers there.

    Comment

    • #3
      crufflers
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2011
      • 12723

      How about a Ruger 10/22 Target or Take-Down Target, or TacSol X-Ring.

      Comment

      • #4
        mnichols
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 2625

        For Appleseed or "action" shooting, I would recommend something light. Stay away from bull barrels and bulky wood stocks.

        With value in mind, I would get a base model in you choice of finishes, or the current collectors edition.

        There are a few minor mods i would do, but nothing major is required...
        Auto bolt release.
        Tech sights for the base model (locktite for the collectors ed.)
        DIY trigger job.
        GI sling and swivels.

        Of coyrse the sky is the limit with 10/22 upgrades. If you want to put a little more money into it, the fist thing I would do is a trigger upgrade. I really like my Brimstone triggers, but there are many options...kidd, VQ, timney, to name a few.

        Enjoy.
        https://www.activejunky.com/invite/132380
        Mr.Rebates sign-up referral link: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=1034188

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1