Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Federal Gold Medal .22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • musketjon
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1746

    Federal Gold Medal .22

    I scored a brick of Federal Gold Medal (the 711, not the old 900 A or B) and a 50 round box of Fiocchi Biathlon Match ammo from my neighbor. I want to offer her a fair price for it. I haven't seen either in forever so I have no idea what it's worth. Help.
    Thanks
    Jon
    Last edited by musketjon; 07-11-2016, 1:24 PM.
  • #2
    LynnJr
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2013
    • 7958

    Jon
    I dug some of mine up but there is no price sticker on it so I am thinking I bought it in a case of 5000 rounds.
    The 900 A and B was around $15 a box of 50 if you bought it from a local store and the 711 was around $11 locally to the best of my recollection.
    If you look at the picture the boxes look almost identical except the A and B has the velocity on it.
    I would get her a gift certificate for a restaurant or a good bottle of wine as you can't count on finding anymore.
    Last edited by LynnJr; 09-11-2016, 11:32 AM.
    Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
    Southwest Regional Director
    Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
    www.unlimitedrange.org
    Not a commercial business.
    URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

    Comment

    • #3
      cnj
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2004
      • 1275

      Neat for nostalgia's sake, but at 1080FPS (and being old), I wonder how many semi-autos will function reliably with this? I know most of mine would FTE. Still, great for revolvers and non semi-auto rifles. I am betting a gift certificate to a decent restaurant would be much appreciated.
      "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
      NRA member
      My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
      If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
      I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
      You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!

      Comment

      • #4
        hatidua
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 850

        I found 711/711B to be incredibly inconsistent in terms of velocity. It'd be ok for general purpose plinking but match ammo it ain't.

        Comment

        • #5
          musketjon
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 1746

          Thank you all for the feedback. Gift cert it is. This will be shot in my US Springfield M1922M1 so not worried about ftf or fte.
          Jon

          Comment

          • #6
            RawHP
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2014
            • 633

            I still have about a half a brick of the 711 stuff at the bottom of my ammo box. I'm pretty sure I paid less than $20 for the whole brick at the time (about twice what cheap plinking ammo was going for then). Cycles reliably in my two MKII's, my 22/45, and 10/22, but not really accurate, just so so. Just a little better than bulk ammo.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1