Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pre 92 buckmark sight question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • justjeff
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 1301

    Pre 92 buckmark sight question

    Does anyone know if the tacsol rail w/ sight will fit in place of the old stamped steel sight?
    Originally posted by LBDamned
    Serious people make real change in their lives... Others complain on forums.
  • #2
    'ol shooter
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 4646

    I have a Tac-Sol on my 1985. Mine has the integrated rear sight, but the plain one fits just the same. I did have to slightly fit the rear frame post where the buffer goes, rounding it slightly with a file so the rail would sit flat on the post.
    I would post a pic but Photobucket is down right now.
    sigpic
    Bob B.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Comment

    • #3
      justjeff
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 1301

      I have yet to take it apart or order the rail. Hopefully photobucket comes back online so I can see what you did. Do I have to get any special screws I read something about a star washer?

      Thanks jeff
      Originally posted by LBDamned
      Serious people make real change in their lives... Others complain on forums.

      Comment

      • #4
        'ol shooter
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 4646

        The pistols with the older stamped rail had a split type lock washer under each screw, which had a semi countersink with a flat underside to mate with the flat lock washer. The later ones have a countersink style screw with a star lock washer that conforms to the countersink of the screw. I used the later type screws when I installed the rail, but you can't use the star locks, they won't fit in the rail, so I used Loctite 242 on the screws so they would not loosen in use. The pics Ii have are just the rail on the gun, not showing where I filed. If yours doesn't fit right up, it's pretty obvious by looking at it where the problem area is.
        sigpic
        Bob B.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

        Comment

        • #5
          justjeff
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 1301

          Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I'm going to order the rail on Monday.

          Jeff
          Originally posted by LBDamned
          Serious people make real change in their lives... Others complain on forums.

          Comment

          • #6
            'ol shooter
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 4646

            Welcome. Hope yours drops right on. Bucket is up, here's a pic of the old gal. A few things got replaced through the years, grips, barrel and the sights, mag release. My first rimfire auto, still one of my favorites.

            sigpic
            Bob B.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

            Comment

            • #7
              justjeff
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 1301

              I like it pretty much the same route in going but threaded barrel. I'm moving soon so AW won't be triggered. Thanks for your help!
              Originally posted by LBDamned
              Serious people make real change in their lives... Others complain on forums.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1