Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Nelson 1911 - 22 Conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    trackcage
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 1777

    I think the fiber optic option is on their site. That's how I found mine. You need to do a bit of digging around their product lages, however.

    I'd say that if it gets your blessing to shoot matches with it, that should about sum it up to anyone looking. Shows the enormous faith you have in the product and reliability

    Comment

    • #17
      44fred
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 2399

      I finally ordered one, took about a month after ordering.
      My Nelson should be here tomorrow. Green FO front sight.
      Hopefully I can get to the range on Saturday.
      Thanks trackage for your review and pictures.
      "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

      "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

      "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
      -- Thomas Jefferson

      Comment

      • #18
        bczrx
        Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 385

        I have a Nelson, but from when he was badging them with NightHawk.

        It is an excellent part- Wish I had a dedicated 1911 frame for it [I'm in California, so that isn't going to happen].

        I am a bit confused though, as I've NEVER heard of anyone reloading .22lr. I didn't even think it was possible.

        Or, did you just mean that the cost of .45acp rounds wasn't the driving factor?


        Enjoy it!
        Where did all the range-time go?

        Comment

        • #19
          44fred
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 2399

          Originally posted by bczrx
          I have a Nelson, but from when he was badging them with NightHawk.

          It is an excellent part- Wish I had a dedicated 1911 frame for it [I'm in California, so that isn't going to happen].

          I am a bit confused though, as I've NEVER heard of anyone reloading .22lr. I didn't even think it was possible.

          Or, did you just mean that the cost of .45acp rounds wasn't the driving factor?


          Enjoy it!
          I'm sure the OP meant the ammo cost factor wasn't the driving force to buy the 22 conversion. We can reload 45 acp pretty cheap....not much more than quality 22lr.
          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

          "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

          "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
          -- Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • #20
            trackcage
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2015
            • 1777

            Originally posted by 44fred
            I'm sure the OP meant the ammo cost factor wasn't the driving force to buy the 22 conversion. We can reload 45 acp pretty cheap....not much more than quality 22lr.
            Correct. Comparing the cost of .45 (reloaded by me) and stating that ammo cost was not the driving factor behind my initial purchase of this conversation kit. Plus it would like a whole lot of ammo savings to make up for the cost of the kit

            Comment

            • #21
              larkja
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 1362

              If any of you are interested in a NIB Nelson .22 conversion for the 1911, I have one for sale for $400. You'll be saving around $50 and you can have it now, not wait 6 weeks.

              Comment

              • #22
                trackcage
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2015
                • 1777

                Sorry to bump this old thread... I have decided to put up my conversion for sale due to the fact that I rarely use it. Any questions, feel free to check out my listing below or PM me.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1