Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Problem with Mk iii magazine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lor
    Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 351

    Problem with Mk iii magazine

    I purchased a 3rd magazine for my Ruger Mk iii Target, and for some reason that I can't figure out, it will not lock into place. It looks identical to the two that came with the gun but there is NO CLICK when I insert it into the mag well. It just drops back out about 3/8 of an inch. Any suggestions besides returning it? Thanks all.
  • #2
    Essj000
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 584

    Take some pics of both

    Comment

    • #3
      kmchui
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 50

      Same problem with my 22/45, bought brand new about 2 years ago. Both factory mags only seat properly when "tapped" into the magwell just the right way. It's annoying, and especially embarrassing when you're taking a girl out to shoot and neither of you can insert the mag properly.

      I've been toying with the idea of dremmeling some material off of the hole in the magazine where the mag release catches it, but I don't shoot the thing often enough and I'm sure many of the more experienced shooters on this forum would warn against doing something like that.

      Sorry I don't have any concrete solutions, but it's nice to know others are having similar issues.

      Comment

      • #4
        joe47
        Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 475

        Ruger has good customer service. If nothing else, give them a call and see if they can give you an answer on the phone.

        Comment

        • #5
          shakyshoot
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2014
          • 1142

          I'm guessing the OP's Mk III and the other 22/45 mentioned both have the magazine disconnect intact? The parts for that monstrosity tend to push down on the mag. My 22/45 was a little finicky about seating mags til I put in the Tandemkross bushing and took the mag disconnect out.

          Comment

          • #6
            Dano3467
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2013
            • 7381

            I have the standard MK III, an have the delete kit (not installed yet) mag go's in just fine w/just an easy push, just must be 22/45's.

            Comment

            • #7
              SkyHawk
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2012
              • 23531

              Had similar problem with 22/45. Just jam the mags in. The problem for me was it is hard to follow the mags with your hand or palm to seat them firmly, because when fully seated they are slightly recessed in the grip. I added TandemKross +0 bumper base plates to all my 22/45 mags, now I have no problem seating mags.
              Last edited by SkyHawk; 09-08-2015, 3:14 PM.
              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

              Comment

              • #8
                Merc1138
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19742

                Originally posted by SkyHawk
                Had similar problem with 22/45. Just jam the mags in. The problem for me was it is hard to follow the mags with your hand or palm to seat them firmly, because when fully seated they are slightly recessed in the grip. I added TandemKross +0 bumper base plates to all my 22/45 mags, now I have no problem seating mags.
                Yup, it's likely where the baseplate of the magazine recesses into the grip. You can also just simple hit the contact points where they need the frame(on the mag baseplate), hit 'em with some sandpaper real quick and they should work just fine(don't sand the frame, that's just silly).

                Comment

                • #9
                  Lor
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 351

                  I do have the Tandemcross bushing installed, and it's only the magazine I bought that's a problem. The two that came with the gun are fine.
                  I took Joe47's advice and got in touch with Ruger's customer service. They are sending me a NEW mag.
                  Thanks to you all...!
                  Last edited by Lor; 09-08-2015, 4:59 PM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1