Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Collector Series 10/22 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • clbshooter
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 380

    Ruger Collector Series 10/22 2nd Edition

    Has anyone got one of these yet?
    I saw them in the Sept. edition of the American Rifleman. They look good, as long as the price is reasonable.
  • #2
    Baboosh
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2008
    • 6769

    $320 OTD and they come with $25 ShopRuger.Com Certificate supposedly.
    Just a normal guy

    Comment

    • #3
      jimmykan
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 3103

      I got one, and I really like it. I think it's the ideal Appleseed rifle.

      The iron sights are are the same as those found on the Ruger Mini 14 and Gunsite Scout, so very usable military-style sight picture.

      The stock is adjustable for length and comb height via quick-change module, the same as those found on the Ruger American Rimfire.

      And it DOES come with a $25 gift certificate, and the 20% off new owner coupon too, both of which can be applied simultaneously.

      Comment

      • #4
        Bobby Ricigliano
        Mit Gott und Mauser
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2011
        • 17439

        I bought one yesterday on impulse. Was picking up a PPT at Turners in Rancho Cucamonga and they are on sale for $249.99. I asked to see it and immediately liked it and bought it. It should pair nicely with the extra TRS-25 I have sitting around.

        Last edited by Bobby Ricigliano; 08-28-2015, 7:52 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Red9
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 2900

          argh... must resist... temptation... i have enough ... i dont need another... i hate you... but i love you.
          Never enough reloading stuff

          Comment

          • #6
            joe47
            Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 475

            Collector series with a plastic stock? I'll pass.

            Comment

            • #7
              Fishslayer
              In Memoriam
              • Jan 2010
              • 13035

              Originally posted by joe47
              Collector series with a plastic stock? I'll pass.
              My thought exactly... I would expect a "Collector" series to maybe have a step up in polish & finish with maybe some really nice furniture.

              I DO like the sights/rail combo though...
              "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
              You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
              You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


              Originally Posted by JackRydden224
              I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
              Originally posted by redcliff
              A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

              Comment

              • #8
                momopi
                Member
                • Jun 2014
                • 180

                It never cease to amaze me how Ruger can continuously put the 10/22 in new furniture and sell it as yet another new edition.

                I'll admit, we paid premium for the 10/22 takedown because it's just so much easier to clean the barrel.

                Comment

                • #9
                  clbshooter
                  Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 380

                  Thanks for the info.
                  I would like one of these but where I live now FFL's only sell for MSRP.
                  Even though a lot of guys had problems with Turner"s (not me) I sure miss their sales prices. lol

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Dvrjon
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 11370

                    Originally posted by clbshooter
                    Thanks for the info.
                    I would like one of these but where I live now FFL's only sell for MSRP.
                    Even though a lot of guys had problems with Turner"s (not me) I sure miss their sales prices. lol
                    OMG! So....moving out of California isn't the answer to all ills?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      clbshooter
                      Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 380

                      No it's not but it is a good start.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        joe47
                        Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 475

                        Originally posted by Dvrjon
                        OMG! So....moving out of California isn't the answer to all ills?
                        I can assure you that the folks in Florida don't have the ills that the people of California have. Can the people of California walk into a gunshop, pick out a handgun, fill out form, and walk out with it within 15 minutes? Complete with 18 round mags.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          skyblue
                          Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 436

                          Meh, I'll stick with my LVT. It's the ultimate stock 10/22 IMHO..

                          Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Dvrjon
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 11370

                            Originally posted by joe47
                            I can assure you that the folks in Florida don't have the ills that the people of California have. Can the people of California walk into a gunshop, pick out a handgun, fill out form, and walk out with it within 15 minutes? Complete with 18 round mags.
                            Try not to miss the point...oooops, too late.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Fishslayer
                              In Memoriam
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 13035

                              Originally posted by momopi
                              I'll admit, we paid premium for the 10/22 takedown because it's just so much easier to clean the barrel.
                              Ummmm... is that why you paid $100 or whatever extra? Do you not have five minutes & a .25" drill bit?
                              "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                              You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                              You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                              Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                              I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                              Originally posted by redcliff
                              A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1