Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Issues with My PA Micro Dot

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MusicMatt
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 537

    Issues with My PA Micro Dot

    Let me start off by saying this is not a negative post about Primary Arms. They are a first-rate company with good quality products for budget minded shooters.

    My wife bought me a Micro Red Dot (MD-06) with a lower 1/3 riser for Christmas. I was really excited to mount it and take it to the range.

    After mounting a noticed a couple issues. Even at the 4:30 position, the emitter still blocks half of my front post when looking through iron sights.
    I have a fixed front post with a MBUS rear on my AR.

    So I went to my buddy's to see his Micro Dot mounted in absolute co-witness to see if I wanted that instead. His had a noticeably less blueish tint than mine and his brightness dial was able to go 360 degrees. Mine stops at 11 and you have to go all the way back to 0.

    Primary Arms' customer service is great and has already offered me a return. I was going to swap it out for the absolute co witness package but now I'm wondering if I should go with a Vortex Sparc which is the same price.

    Maybe Marshall can chime in?
  • #2
    Grumpyoldretiredcop
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2008
    • 6437

    Matt, I noticed the same thing on my PA Micro Dot, mounted on a Weaver riser that is supposed to provide lower 1/3 cowitness. I thought it was just me, you're the first person I've seen a post from with the same observation. I'll be interested to hear any response from Marshall although I have no intentions of returning mine.
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      Byrd2000
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 17

      The Vortex SPARC will not cowitness well, I believe. The emitter for the dot is at the bottom of the tube. I have a Micro Dot in the mail and now I'm hoping I don't have the same blemishes as yours.
      RIA 1911 Tactical .45 ACP

      SigPro 2022 9mm with Streamlight TLR-1s

      Saiga .223 with Definitive Arms AR magazine conversion

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1