Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend me a 2x pistol scope

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 636
    Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 130

    Recommend me a 2x pistol scope

    I'll be picking up a Smith & Wesson 617 10 rounder pretty soon and I'd like to add a scope to the revolver.

    My intended purpose is 50 yard silhouette shooting so anything more than 2x is way overkill.

    I'd like to stay about the $200 price range as possible.

    Silver finish would be nice.

    Any suggestions?
  • #2
    LibertyOptics
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 592

    Originally posted by 636
    I'll be picking up a Smith & Wesson 617 10 rounder pretty soon and I'd like to add a scope to the revolver.

    My intended purpose is 50 yard silhouette shooting so anything more than 2x is way overkill.

    I'd like to stay about the $200 price range as possible.

    Silver finish would be nice.

    Any suggestions?

    We have a couple of these in stock for $199 shipped

    BURRIS200229
    Description: HNDGN 2X20MM PLEX NKL

    Handgun 2x20mm
    Plex reticle, Nickel finish
    Hi-Lume, Index-match multi-coated optics -- Burris Forever Warranty

    Another economical choice for $109 shipped:

    SIMMONS807733
    Description: PROHUNTER 2X20 PISTOL SIL

    Prohunter 2x20mm Handgun Scope
    Truplex reticle, Silver Matte finish
    Long eye relief - 1/2 MOA adjustments - Waterproof, fogproof and shock proof - Provide bright, distortion-free images - Parallax setting to 50 yards

    Scott
    Liberty Optics LLC
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    www.LibertyOptics.com
    Scott@LibertyOptics.com
    406-827-6543
    Scott's cell number: 406-291-8250

    Comment

    • #3
      maxicon
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 4661

      I have a Burris 1.5-4x handgun scope and a couple of older Leupold 2x M8s. One M8's permanently mounted on a S&W 27-2 with an 8" barrel, and I like it a lot, but I'm a Leupold fan. You can get them used under your price range, which is relatively low risk with Leupold due to their excellent warranty.

      One thing to consider is the weight. I use the Burris more on rifle scout mounts than on handguns because it's a good bit bigger and heavier than the Leupolds, due to the variable mag.

      For a handgun, I prefer lighter and shorter where possible. Recoil won't be an issue with the 617, so you can get by with a lesser scope if necessary.
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        636
        Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 130

        Well it turns out that my wife decided to give my birthday present early. I've got a Leupold FX-II on order at my local shop. I guess she made the decision for me.

        Comment

        • #5
          LibertyOptics
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 592

          Originally posted by 636
          Well it turns out that my wife decided to give my birthday present early. I've got a Leupold FX-II on order at my local shop. I guess she made the decision for me.
          That's a good choice. Congrats.
          Liberty Optics LLC
          "See Better, Shoot Better"
          www.LibertyOptics.com
          Scott@LibertyOptics.com
          406-827-6543
          Scott's cell number: 406-291-8250

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1