Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dual optics on AR, Scope & Mini Red Dot

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Call_me_Tom
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1298

    Originally posted by negolien
    LOFL Tom. I thought you were talking to me I was like wtf did I say?
    I had to search a couple of threads to understand what was going on
    No, LOL, it wasn't directed towards you. Geoff & I were banging heads on another thread & it worked its way over here. It's all sorted out now...we like guns!

    Comment

    • #17
      Call_me_Tom
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 1298

      Originally posted by GeoffLinder
      Same way, just a little more cant, no problem at all. My right eye is what I center up, head is tilted left and pushed across the stock a little more.
      Are you shooting weak side with strong side eye? <right hand/eye dominate>

      Comment

      • #18
        RuggedJay
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 1266

        Originally posted by GeoffLinder
        Same way, just a little more cant, no problem at all. My right eye is what I center up, head is tilted left and pushed across the stock a little more.
        I've tried that before with canted iron and it was awkward as hell for me. If you have a variable mag scope why not just adjust magnification instead of canting. Seems like extra hassle to me.

        Comment

        • #19
          GeoffLinder
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 2425

          Originally posted by Call_me_Tom
          Are you shooting weak side with strong side eye? <right hand/eye dominate>
          Yep, if I use weak eye, my cheek isn't on the stock because the RDS is on the right side. I am right eye dominant anyway so this works best for me.

          Comment

          • #20
            GeoffLinder
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 2425

            Originally posted by RuggedJay
            I've tried that before with canted iron and it was awkward as hell for me. If you have a variable mag scope why not just adjust magnification instead of canting. Seems like extra hassle to me.
            It is awkward as heck and takes a little practice, but then again, weak side shooting a rifle takes some practice to begin with

            I use an ACOG with fixed mag and being right eye dominant, using the left eye on a scope sux hind teat for me.

            Comment

            • #21
              Call_me_Tom
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 1298

              This is my only hang up with the 1 o'clock mount, when transitioning from strong to weak side. I think a MRD on the top of the optic would be better for in close CQB. I've also trained myself to shoot strong side dominant eye & weak side subdominant eye. I can also do the same with a pistol.

              Comment

              • #22
                Caseless
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2005
                • 1668

                Originally posted by RuggedJay
                How would you shoot from weak shoulder /weak hand with a canted red dot?
                Dual reflex sights.

                Get American-made quality and improved accuracy with the Warne MSR scope mounts available online with fast shipping from Warne Scope Mounts.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1