Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FAL scope ring help?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GlockComa
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 591

    FAL scope ring help?

    Hey guys I just picked up a Trijicon Accupoint TR21 for my FAL Carbine.

    I was wondering if you guys could recommend any good scope rings?

    What height am I suppose to get?
    Originally posted by 5150Marcelo
    CalGuns bacon hunt???... Im in like Ron Jeremy in the back door of an 18 year old female virgin in heat! Lets do this!
  • #2
    -hanko
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 14174

    Originally posted by GlockComa
    Hey guys I just picked up a Trijicon Accupoint TR21 for my FAL Carbine.

    I was wondering if you guys could recommend any good scope rings?

    What height am I suppose to get?
    Any standard 1" ring will work.

    What kind of a top cover do you have or plan on using...main issue is eye relief. Secondary issue is will the eyepiece hit your rear iron sight?...meaning you need to have a high enough ring so that the eyepiece clears your rear sight.

    Too high a ring will make a good cheek weld impossible, it's a challenge with the FAL sometimes. You can get some improvement with a non-humpback butt stock.

    If you don't have a railed top cover, I can recommend DSA or ARMS. If you mount the scope where it should be & eyepiece interferes with the rear sight, consider a folding sight. Not sure if you're currently using a Brit sight or metric or para or something else, so I can't go much farther here

    So I'd approach your issue as...first, remove the rear sight and mount the scope where it should be. Second, replace the rear sight if you need some clearance between it and the scope.

    hth

    -hanko
    Last edited by -hanko; 03-17-2008, 11:07 AM.
    True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

    Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

    A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1