Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

RMR for shotgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jonnyogre
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 39

    RMR for shotgun

    Howdy. I was looking into putting a Trijicon RMR on my Rem 870. My question, is which mount should I be looking at to handle the recoil of the shotgun? Will the trijicon mounts work fine and should I look at the tall or short? Thanks.
  • #2
    Mr_Monkeywrench
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 2366

    Not sure about the mount, but here is a link to a decent deal on the Trijicon RMR.

    Comment

    • #3
      OpticsPlanet
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2009
      • 2129

      Originally posted by jonnyogre
      Howdy. I was looking into putting a Trijicon RMR on my Rem 870. My question, is which mount should I be looking at to handle the recoil of the shotgun? Will the trijicon mounts work fine and should I look at the tall or short? Thanks.
      Go with the short RMR mount. RM33 for pic or RM34w for weaver style. Both will be low height. That paired up with a nice EGW rail if youre drilled and tapped or a remington, Aimtech, etc, saddle mount with the RM34w would be a nice setup.

      Trevor B.
      CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

      OpticsPlanet
      http://www.opticsplanet.com
      Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
      Send us a private message if we can be of help!

      Comment

      • #4
        OpticsPlanet
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Apr 2009
        • 2129

        If you dont have a rail yet, I would recommend the Aimtec Warhammer:

        I have one of these coming for my 870. You can then attach a light or laser if you would like.

        For the RMR you will be able to use the low picatinny mount. I think the number for the plate is RM33.

        Chase B.
        CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

        OpticsPlanet
        http://www.opticsplanet.com
        Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
        Send us a private message if we can be of help!

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1