Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stay Away from BSA!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bobshouse
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 516

    Stay Away from BSA!

    Ordered and received a ret dot scope from Midway, a BSA. I knew it was cheap but what I received was unbelievable. Opened the package and the paint was sticky to the touch, scratched off with just a fingernail.

    Called BSA, they said to send it to their repair center. Its been gone a month, get it in the mail today...open it up and find this.




    Funny thing is it's in worse shape than when I sent it, guess everyone who handled it scraped off a little more paint to test it. Great company, great products!
  • #2
    StraightShooter
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2189

    Dang, thats pathetic. The paint they use seems almost rubberized. I have a cheap bsa scope that you could easily scrape the paint off with your fingernail and anything that it bumped into would scratch it off really easily.

    Brandon M.

    Comment

    • #3
      Timberland
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 908

      Originally posted by Bobshouse
      Funny thing is it's in worse shape than when I sent it, guess everyone who handled it scraped off a little more paint to test it. Great company, great products!
      WOw, ok now that made me laugh, why not send it back to midway?
      FOR SALE: XD45, 24/47 Yugo Mauser, AK RPD AES-10b

      Comment

      • #4
        rksimple
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2006
        • 6257

        I thought staying away from BSA was common knowledge? Send it back to midway.
        GAP Team Shooter 5

        Comment

        • #5
          Bill92869
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2007
          • 596

          +1 they suck.

          Comment

          • #6
            CAT_101
            Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 183

            +2 junk
            Savge 12VBSS 308 and AR-15 Stolen in Bass Pro shop parking lot Mantica,
            SU-16A For sale $375 comes with 3x9 NStar scope,
            Mosburg 500A, remington sportsman 48 12Ga,
            berata 96FL, Springfield XD-9, Kimber Raptor II

            Comment

            • #7
              JHC
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 1382

              The BSA scope on my GAMO pellet gun works perfectly,.... but I'd never use it for a real firearm

              Comment

              • #8
                ghost
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 4626

                bsa is usually for airsoft guns,i wouldnt buy it for any other use.

                Comment

                • #9
                  goldy1
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 79

                  i have used a bsa for over 1500 rounds fron a 300 win mag it still tracked and zoomed perfectly. i put it on the wifes 308 match rifle and yesterday she shot a 430-19x at 300 yards at the mr63f. i personally have nothing but positive things about the bsa platinum 8-32x44 mildot.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ghostwong
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 1204

                    Be careful. Now wash your hands. You have no idea how much lead you just scraped off the body!!
                    Originally posted by StraightShooter
                    Dang, thats pathetic. The paint they use seems almost rubberized. I have a cheap bsa scope that you could easily scrape the paint off with your fingernail and anything that it bumped into would scratch it off really easily.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LibertyOptics
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 592

                      Folks,

                      When it comes to optics, you really do get what you pay for (often less). China makes most of the optics on the market today, but they can be spec'd to be of decent quality. I am of firm belief you can not spend less than $200 and get a quality optic. Think about this, you are directing a lethal projectile and your weapon system will only perform as good as your scope is. Optics are NOT the place to scrimp when optimizing your weapons platform! There are decent budget optics on the market, but you need to know where to look. My top pick is Vortex. Avoid Leapers, NcStar, BSA, etc.

                      Scott
                      Liberty Optics LLC
                      "See Better, Shoot Better"
                      www.LibertyOptics.com
                      Scott@LibertyOptics.com
                      406-827-6543
                      Scott's cell number: 406-291-8250

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Bobshouse
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 516

                        Just an update...was sitting here stewing the other day when I realized that I should take it up a notch and complain to the CEO thanks to a members response to my original post.

                        Dug around for the old email and resent with a little request for the CEO's name and address. Received this shortly thereafter:

                        Dear Bob,

                        Sorry for any delay in responding to your email. It was just forwarded to me
                        from the CSR staff. I'm working remote today and can't get to you by phone.
                        I received the documents from the return warehouse and reviewed all the
                        information. It seems that it was a huge mix-up on our behalf. They are
                        training some new employees in Missouri and unfortunately did not catch this
                        mistake in time. I am sending you a brand new RMDS by UPS 2 day shipping.

                        My sincerest apologizes. Please let me know you have received this
                        correspondence. I will have a tracking number by this evening.


                        Customer Service Manager

                        Now to see if it was all a smokescreen or if they follow through. I'll keep everyone posted.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          LibertyOptics
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 592

                          I'll bet they follow through. They should anyway as it costs them very little.
                          Liberty Optics LLC
                          "See Better, Shoot Better"
                          www.LibertyOptics.com
                          Scott@LibertyOptics.com
                          406-827-6543
                          Scott's cell number: 406-291-8250

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            duenor
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 4617

                            The funny part is that BSA is NOT a chinese company like Leapers or NCStar. They are an old american company that goes way way back. But yes, they are pretty much crap... at least in the low ends.

                            On the other hand, I actually like Barska.
                            Entreprise Arms - FFL 07 manufacturer of CA-Legal FAL type rifles in Baldwin Park, CA.
                            EAI IMBEL-FAL 7.62x51 NATO, CA Legal: $999 shipped www.entreprise.com
                            SIG, Beretta, Glock, XD, HK Tritium GS sights

                            "Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              maxicon
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 4661

                              Yes, BSA is an old American company, but they sell mostly Chinese scopes now. There's no way to compete at the low to middle end without doing this today - it's not possible. Tasco started this trend, back in the day, and now BSA, low end Bushnell, Simmons, Millett, etc, all do the same. Interestingly, Tasco started it by outsourcing to those junk-producing Japanese. It was quite a scandal!

                              If you look at who actually makes or assembles scopes in the USA, it's all companies that will put more of a drain on your wallet, while providing better quality - Leupold (most models), Burris (some models), Nightforce, USO, Zeiss (some models).
                              sigpic
                              NRA Life Member

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1