Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR Scope rings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rukus
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 2387

    AR Scope rings

    First time scope buyer here, lookin to mount a 3-9x40 scope on my flat top AR, but I've got no idea what height rings will work.

    How do I know what will work? Is it dependent on my stock?
    MY AR Profile #1
  • #2
    OpticsPlanet
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2009
    • 2129

    Typically you will need rings that are approximately 1.5" to optical center. You can get away with a few tenths of an inch lower, but 1.5" is always a safe bet. I would recommend a cantilever unimount. SOmething like this BUrris PEPR mount might work for you:


    Chase B.
    CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

    OpticsPlanet
    http://www.opticsplanet.com
    Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
    Send us a private message if we can be of help!

    Comment

    • #3
      Rukus
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 2387

      Thanks Chase for the info. Any recommendations for a similar mount without the picatinny rails up top? Specifically I'm looking at the Nikon Coyote special scope for a dedicated predator rifle and I'm not looking to mount a red dot up top. Much thanks.
      MY AR Profile #1

      Comment

      • #4
        strongpoint
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 3115

        does no one do a search first anymore? read this.
        .

        Comment

        • #5
          negolien
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 4829

          PEPR and Larue of the same style are what most people use on their ARs. The PEPR offers an awsome price point for that you get. Don't worry about the rail on top they offer a non railed mount along with it in the package.
          "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

          George Orwell

          http://www.AnySoldier.com

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1