Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Viewing an optic with open eyes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tino3
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 407

    Viewing an optic with open eyes

    I'm wanting to get an optic which I can view it with both eyes open. Can anyone help me out please? Something that's quality and won't break the bank. Maybe around $200 or less. Thanks for your input.
  • #2
    tanakasan
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 1638

    Any RDS (red dot sight).

    Unless you are talking magnified. I was going to mention Eotech until the $200. Try Primary Arms for a solid, value oriented RDS.

    Robert
    Last edited by tanakasan; 12-16-2012, 6:18 PM.
    WTB/WTT

    Comment

    • #3
      slo5oh
      Senior Member
      • May 2005
      • 730

      I'm far from an expert on the subject, but I don't see why you can't keeps both eyes open with any optic. With red dots there should be no difference, with a scope it's a matter of training your brain to dismiss the non-scoped eye. Shouldn't be a problem getting used to it, unless you're putting the scope on your NON dominant eye, then it may not work and may even cause headaches.
      In order for people to recommend you something though, you should probably give an idea what you're looking for, magnified, red dot, holographic, etc?

      Comment

      • #4
        Grizzled Bastard
        Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 212

        I'm a picky ol' bastard about my optics. Nothing but Leupold on all my rifles including one of my AR's set up for long range. I just built an M4 and wanted a RDS. I ended up buying one of the Vortex Stikefire's from Sf911 on the board here. It's on my gun now and I shot it yesterday. I am absolutely impressed with this inexpensive unit ($155). It has a red/green dot and a night vision button. It comes with a 2x magnifier that can be screwed on if you desire and the optics are remarkably clear and bright compared to the low light transmission models of equal cost. The tube is 30mm making it easy to acquire a dot/target with both eyes open. It's all aluminum and has a lifetime warranty. Won't break the bank whatsoever.

        Comment

        • #5
          sholling
          I need a LIFE!!
          CGN Contributor
          • Sep 2007
          • 10360

          The Weaver V3 1-3x20 is a good quality scope with a true 1x low-end for both eyes open shooting. They are rugged with very good glass that's made for hunting dangerous game from danger close to 150yds. You didn't mention what you're mounting it on.

          "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

          Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

          Comment

          • #6
            Sumo99
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 781

            Are you talking a red dot or magnified optic? Like others said, any red dot will work. If you are looking for a magnified optic, then you will probably want something illuminated. Look up Bindon Aiming Concept.

            Comment

            • #7
              negolien
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2010
              • 4829

              Burris makes ok red dots for the price. http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-1...35-sights.html
              "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

              George Orwell

              http://www.AnySoldier.com

              Comment

              • #8
                PrimaryArms
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Jun 2011
                • 2676



                These are great! We got them back in stock.

                Dimitri
                Last edited by PrimaryArms; 12-19-2012, 7:48 AM.
                www.primaryarms.com

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1