Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

XS Sights vs Ghost Rings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Boxer
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1499

    XS Sights vs Ghost Rings

    Anybody try Ghost rings on a handgun?

    I have XS Big Dots and Trijicon sights. XS are fine on my 1911 but not so good on my HK. So I was thinking about getting Ghost Ring sights. There are a few other sights I have looked at see the links below. Your comments and experince are welcome. My eyes are crapping out at 51 and need all the help I can get.

    http://www.suresight.com/index.html I have these and good for 1911 only

    http://www.entreprise.com/ghost_ring.htm Maybe these for my HK USPC

    http://www.advantagetactical.com/index.html anyone try these?

    http://www.goshen-hexsite.com/ how about these?

    The others look interesting.
    ~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~
  • #2
    aplinker
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2007
    • 16762

    The only ones I've even considered are these from JP:


    Google Map of OLL Dealers

    List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
    Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
    This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

    Comment

    • #3
      edsel6502
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 896

      I have XS sights (std dot) on my XD45.

      I like them they have increased my target acquisition speed. I just 'dot' the 'i'
      sigpic

      meh...

      NRA Endowment Member

      Comment

      • #4
        Boxer
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1499

        I like the JP Ghost ring.
        ~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

        Comment

        • #5
          Mr. Joshua
          Senior Member
          • May 2007
          • 1513

          Meh, I've never been a fan of ghost rings on anything other than shotguns. Have you checked out the Heinie Straight 8's, or the 10-8 Performance sights?
          The user formerly known as "han_cholo"

          Comment

          • #6
            NorCal MedTac
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2006
            • 599

            I love XS sights.* I have them on two glocks, one AK, and one AR.* I find depending on the lighting ghost rings can be hard to find quickly.
            http://www.norcalmedtac.com
            Providing CPR and First Aid training, to small groups and individuals; NRA classes; Defensive Medicine, Defensive Pistol, Defensive Carbine, and Defensive Shotgun classes.


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              MedSpec65
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2007
              • 634

              Originally posted by Mr. Joshua
              Meh, I've never been a fan of ghost rings on anything other than shotguns. Have you checked out the Heinie Straight 8's, or the 10-8 Performance sights?
              Ghost rings on shotguns only, I agree. They are huge!
              "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem. We can now fire in any direction and strike the enemy." ....Colonel Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, Commanding the 1st Marine Regiment at The Battle of The Chosin Reservoir, Korea 1950

              Comment

              • #8
                Boxer
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 1499

                Thanks.

                Heinie too small for my eyes but thanks.

                I will look for a link to the 10-8 Performance and the JP sights.

                The Ghost ring on the post I have above look pretty small. Did you look at the site. Not too keen on the low light issue and I am concerned about seeing the target between the front sight and the ring? The JP seem to avoid this potential problem.

                Thanks for you imput.
                ~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

                Comment

                • #9
                  duenor
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 4617

                  It's funny that this came up today.
                  Today was Day 1 of my EAI GS sights review, off of a SIG p228.
                  It takes time to write a good review, so I won't put it up just yet.. in about a day or two.
                  Entreprise Arms - FFL 07 manufacturer of CA-Legal FAL type rifles in Baldwin Park, CA.
                  EAI IMBEL-FAL 7.62x51 NATO, CA Legal: $999 shipped www.entreprise.com
                  SIG, Beretta, Glock, XD, HK Tritium GS sights

                  "Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    C9X19
                    Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 262

                    Ghost rings don't work on handguns unless your eye is only a few inches (< 4") away from the rear sight.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mr. Joshua
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2007
                      • 1513

                      Link for the 10-8 sights: http://www.10-8performance.com/id14.html

                      I've tried the Big Dots, they didn't work for me. I know Yeager has posted that video where he's shooting them at distance. They're just not for me.
                      The user formerly known as "han_cholo"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Boxer
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 1499

                        Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.
                        ~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1