ok guys i need some help. im new to AR platform. i assembled my AR and just purchased my scope. i have a bushmaster flat top upper and yankee hill quad rail. I purchased a leupold 1-4 scope and now i need help on the mount. the scope has a 4" eye relief. The features i was looking for was quick detach (unless yal give me good reasons and talk me out of it) and i want to be able to keep my magpuls on my upper. I know larue is big but was also looking for other options. Also if you have the mounts yall speak of on yalls rifle i would like to see for a better picture. plus i know yall like any chance to show off yalls rifles. thanks in advance
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ar 15 scope mount
Collapse
X
-
Look around we have a large selection
Dimitri -
Depending on the price you want to stay around there are lots of options. If you think you will be pulling your scope on and off to use your BUIS, QD is good for you. A nice mount QD or not, will return to near zero every thime though IF needed to be removed. Leupold has a nice 1 piece for a good price, the Mark IMS:
Burris also has the PEPR mount in both regular and QD for around that same range:
Those are less expensive but still nice options, then you have the voodoo mounts. I say that because they are like voodoo, they just return to zero and are top notch quality, LaRue, BoBro, and the list goes on.
Like to compare it to a car, you can have a nice ride and nice tires, but you don't want bad lugs. It's smart to invest in the best mount you can afford. Buy once cry once.
Trevor B.CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.
OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!Comment
-
How often is this topic going to pop up?
Have you not looked at the other similar topics on this sub-forum that can be found on the first page?"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff
"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm XComment
-
-
Here, I'll be nice. Get a SPUHR or GDI. If you get anything else, you shouldn't own an AR in the first place."When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff
"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm XComment
-
Yet here you guys are, crapping in his thread.
If you do not realize by now that some guys will start their own thread instead of reading endless posts of guys telling you to buy the most expensive mounts without providing any reasons then you have a long agitated road ahead of you in the world of forums.
This one is a good example, you cant even back up why one shouldn't even own an AR if they don't have the same preference as you? Good to know you are the absolute authority on the subject.
You do know you guys have the ability to not open the thread titled "AR15 scope mount" if it is going to irritate you so much?Last edited by highpowermatch; 06-06-2012, 4:38 PM.Comment
-
Here is a picture one of my AR's with a PEPR mount, its solid, holds zero and has a second set of ring tops that have picitinny rails for red dot or laser mounting.

But apparently I shouldn't own an AR because I have the wrong mount.
Comment
-
Try not to put me in the same category as IPSICKs post... he just sounds ridiculous.
I have provided a long list of mounting options and also indicated I am an owner of the Burris PERP. I have also provided objective reviews of the mounts and the pros and cons. I spend a good amount of time passing along viable info for those with all budgets because I've been there and done that. If the OP cared to search he would have found this information.
Last edited by ExtremeX; 06-06-2012, 5:18 PM.ExtremeXComment
-
I guess sarcasm doesn't transmit without the smiley...

"Endless posts" really? The threads he needs are on the 1st page of the sub-forum.
ExtremeX, I was trying to be ridiculous.
I guess reading and research is unnecessary since SB249 will ban all ARs anyways.
Now did that last post transmit?????"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff
"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm XComment
-
Seriously, why would I recommend $500+ mounts to a guy that is brand new to AR?
But, you know what I did when I was new to ARs? I read the crap out of these forums and read up on other forums like BrianEnos, AR15.com, m4cabine.net, sniper's hide, etc.
Yes, you can give somebody a quick-ish answer but the only thing they'll really learn is YOUR answer to their question. This might not necessarily be the best answer for them.
Lastly, now that I'm just thinking about, why is a guy new to the AR platform looking at scopes? My recommendation is that he learn more about the platform using iron sights. Then again, it is MY recommendation and he should do whatever he likes with his rifle.
To be really nice, here are my answers...
Yes, Larue is very nice and if you don't need the QD feature you can save $50 by getting the VFZ type instead of QD.
ADM will give you QD and if you shop around will cost $50 less than Larue. They are arguably as nice or nicer than Larue.
Bobro and JP are other very strong options and both are rock solid but similarly priced to the Larue.
The Burris PEPR is OK but I look at these mounts as things that may outlast my time with the rifle. Buy once, cry once. I want something that I would be happy with for my shooting life."When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff
"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm XComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,583
Posts: 25,149,456
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23974 users online. 124 members and 23850 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

... Sarcasm is hard to detect lol.
Comment