Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tika T3. .308 Scope Recommendation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vandals909
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 44

    Tika T3. .308 Scope Recommendation

    I have a Tika T3 that I plan to use for target shooting. Would like something with. Range of 100yds-300yds plus. Please let me know what you haves USED and liked.
    thank you
  • #2
    Vacaville
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4360

    For that range a 3 - 9X (usually the lowest price for each manufacturer) would work just fine. We need to know your budget though to make recommendations. You can spend anywhere from $150 to $3000 on glass.
    Last edited by Vacaville; 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      Merc1138
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19742

      You need to let us know what kind of budget you have. There are decent $300 scopes, and excellent $3000 scopes.

      Comment

      • #4
        Vandals909
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 44

        Do not want to spend more the $1,000

        Comment

        • #5
          Short Action Precision
          Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 274

          $1k Budget I would go with the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP MRAD

          Comment

          • #6
            Hunter47
            Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 144

            If you are mostly going to use it for target shooting then consider a fixed power. You will like being able to see your bullet holes in the target. Consider the following:
            Weaver T-24
            SuperSniper comes in 10X, 16X, and 20X
            Bushnell 10X Elite Tactical
            These are under $500 and are excellent value for the $s. I have experience with all three from 100 to 500 meters (Silhouette) and 1,000 yards.

            Comment

            • #7
              Vacaville
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 4360

              I have experience with Nikon. Excellent clarity. This one's pretty sweet and a great price, very versatile. Monarch 3 - 12 X 42 with the BDC reticle.

              Last edited by Vacaville; 05-29-2012, 2:01 PM.

              Comment

              • #8
                NytWolf
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 3935

                Originally posted by Short Action Precision
                $1k Budget I would go with the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP MRAD
                Save the $100 and get SFP -- won't need it. The Vipers have a multiplier on the magnification ring that helps you with the reticle marks. Besides, it's hard to find a Viper with FFP anyway.

                Comment

                • #9
                  OpticsPlanet
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2129

                  I've used the Monarch 5-20x44 on a few different platforms and have really liked it. 44mm objective lets in plenty of light and Nikon's lens coatings always allow for high light transmission, but that 44mm objective lets you still have a lower mount height to keep it close to the barrel.

                  Turrets aren't tall and exposted, but still taller and finger adjustable and have covers. I like that I can trhow the caps on if need be when hunting or leave them off it at the range. Nice solid clicks as well.

                  Side focus makes it easy to dial in parallax while keeping your eyes behind the glass too.

                  If you havent read into their Spot On software its definitely worth a glance. It will match your exact load with your reticle, I prefer the BDC, and really save some time. Ive shot with their program on 22's, 223's, 308,s 300 win mag, on everything from a 10/22 to a Surgeon custom, and have been amazed at how accurate the program is.




                  Trevor b.
                  CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

                  OpticsPlanet
                  http://www.opticsplanet.com
                  Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
                  Send us a private message if we can be of help!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Short Action Precision
                    Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 274

                    Originally posted by NytWolf
                    Save the $100 and get SFP -- won't need it. The Vipers have a multiplier on the magnification ring that helps you with the reticle marks. Besides, it's hard to find a Viper with FFP anyway.
                    True if only shooting paper then FFP is not really needed. But if you can afford the FFP model its better to have and not need then to need and not have.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Hamstur
                      Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 121

                      I tried many scopes on a Tikka Scout I just sold including a lot of really high end stuff from USO 1.8-10, S&B 4-16, USO 3.2-17, Hensoldt 4-16, PR 3-15, etc. Bulky & heavy optics made the Tikka feel really unbalanced and 'not right' since it's a physically small rifle.

                      Only one scope ever felt perfect on that thing -- a Nightforce 2.5-10x32. If not this, I would pick a SWFA SS 3-9.

                      If I didn't sell that NF long ago, I would have probably kept the Scout..
                      Last edited by Hamstur; 05-29-2012, 9:43 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        PrimaryArms
                        Vendor/Retailer
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 2676

                        This is a fairly inexpensive scope that works great.


                        Dimitri
                        www.primaryarms.com

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1