Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

daniel defense omega rail

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AJ27
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 82

    daniel defense omega rail

    Hi sorry in advance if this was posted before. I've been looking at getting the daniel defense omega rail (7in), I came across what looks like 2 versions I think. One says omega rail spelled out and the other has the Greek symbol. A friend told me one could be for airsoft? Has anyone seen this before? Thanks for any info.
  • #2
    EvolutionGSR
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1556

    There is omega rail and omega X are the two omegas offered. I think plain rail is to attach to the standard carbine delta nut thing (crap, is that what its called?). While the omega x uses a daniel defense proprietary mount

    Edit - delta ring....

    Comment

    • #3
      AJ27
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 82

      Oh Haha thanks for the reply but I know there is a omega and omega x... I meant the 2 omega rails I saw were the same except one was a Greek symbol for "omega" and the other spelled the word out. I was asking if they are the same product or if one was a knockoff or something.

      Comment

      • #4
        EvolutionGSR
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1556

        Oh sorry. I know that daneil defense has recently put new laser etching on their products. I remember seeing the omega, probably on their older ones.

        Comment

        • #5
          AJ27
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 82

          Oh cool thanks ya that's what I was wondering... So its probably just an older model then.

          Comment

          • #6
            HK Dave
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2008
            • 5737

            Easiest way to figure out if its a real one is to use your hands with all the force you can muster and see if you can bend the rail. If it bends, it's fake.

            The omegas have come with different logos through multiple generations... some even have different holes.

            Hardened aluminum is just that... HARD.

            Comment

            • #7
              AJ27
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2011
              • 82

              Thanks for all the info guys. HK dave I'll try that once I get and report back here on it.. I'm getting it from cheaper than dirt by the way if that makes a difference.

              Comment

              • #8
                HK Dave
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2008
                • 5737

                If it's from Cheaper Than Dirt... i am certain it will be real DD.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1