Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help w/my Remington 700 setup

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sillyguy
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Nov 2009
    • 1300

    Need help w/my Remington 700 setup

    Hey all

    I jsut got a Remington 700 SPS Varmint.

    I have a Millet TRS-1 scope:


    The scope has the PRI Tactical scope rings (extra high):


    What scope mount should i get for it? and are those scope rings good for this rifle? is this scope even good enough for this rifle?

    How are the remington integrated scope mounts? those good?

    thx!!!
    For Sale: Sig P226 Holsters, Magpul & Misc Parts


    Need photography work? Let me know!
  • #2
    jkgts1
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Apr 2007
    • 590

    I use the EGW mount on my 700. I have never had an issue with it, and it comes in many configurations. I dont have any experience with that scope or rings but they seem fine. Its hard to tell what height rings you need till you get it on the rifle. You can get ring height measurement and scope objective measurement and make a educated guess for ring height. Weather or not the scope is "good enough" for the rifle is a matter of what you plan on doing with the rifle. I suppose as long as point of impact doesn't change while firing its "good enough".

    Comment

    • #3
      vmwerks
      Norcal Cyclist
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jun 2009
      • 3502

      I'm using NF medium rings and a NF picatinny mount. Everything fits fine... I think medium rings ought to be a safe bet, they are typically 3/8 to 1/2" from the base of the ring mount to the bottom of the ring.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1