Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Primary arms 2moa or 3moa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chrisf
    Banned
    • Aug 2011
    • 6501

    Primary arms 2moa or 3moa

    Im getting ready to buy a PA M3 style red dot. Ones 3 moa and the other one for $30 more is 2 moa. This is going on my ar im wondering what the difference will be and is it worth the extra $30?
  • #2
    chrisf
    Banned
    • Aug 2011
    • 6501

    Anybody???

    Comment

    • #3
      tomd1584
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2008
      • 5895

      OMG less than two hours without a response!

      But seriously, you're not going to tell the difference. It's a red dot, not a precision rifle. Just get the 3 moa and get $30 worth of ammo.

      Comment

      • #4
        car15
        Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 495

        The 2 Moa is multi reticle . I would get the more simple 3 Moa .

        Comment

        • #5
          chrisf
          Banned
          • Aug 2011
          • 6501

          Originally posted by tomd1584
          OMG less than two hours without a response!

          But seriously, you're not going to tell the difference. It's a red dot, not a precision rifle. Just get the 3 moa and get $30 worth of ammo.
          MY BAD!!! I was getting ready to press buy when I wanted to figure out which one I should get.

          Comment

          • #6
            Fjold
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Oct 2005
            • 23060

            It depends on what your use for it is. The 3 MOA dot will be easier to pick up quickly although a 4 or 5 MOA will be even quicker. The 2 MOA dot will let you aim more precisely at smaller (farther) targets. The trade off is speed vs precision. Neither dot is perfect for everything both are compromise sizes.

            I use a 1/8th minute dot on a target scope and have no use for anything that subtends more than 1 MOA but I don't practice speed type shooting.
            Frank

            One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




            Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

            Comment

            • #7
              MrPlink
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2010
              • 12532

              Originally posted by tomd1584
              But seriously, you're not going to tell the difference.
              I agree, difference is very negligible. I can physically see the difference in a 2moa vs 4moa, but with the intended purpose of a RDS the application will be the same.
              The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

              disclaimer:
              everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1