Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone have any experience with this barska scope?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Turbomrdeuce
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 728

    Anyone have any experience with this barska scope?

    I'm trying to find info on this scope but haven't had luck. I just want to know if it will take the recoil from my 7mm mag without ruining the reticle. Here's the scope link.

  • #2
    orangeusa
    • Jul 2009
    • 9055

    I have a 6-20x by 40 on a Saiga 7.62. Shot over 200 rounds through it without issues.

    I hope that helps. The zero is not perfect, but seems fairly consistant. Could be my side mount or the scope.

    It's really a 6-12x at ranges less than 100 yards... I thought I understood optics until I bought this scope.. But I only paid like $55 for mine..

    Good luck, Barska IIRC is a solid Soviet/former Soviet brand...

    .

    Comment

    • #3
      glenntuc
      Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 174

      i have a barska it is a p.o.s.

      Comment

      • #4
        Droppin Deuces
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2010
        • 5969

        I don't know if I would use the word "solid" to describe Barska. They are a very low quality brand with a reputation to match. And that's coming from someone who owns a Barska that I've never had any problems with. I consider myself lucky.
        OP, it's never a good idea to skimp on optics. If it's an option for you, I would wait a while and save up the coin to get a high quality product.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          mnguyen84
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 1132

          i would buy their binoculars and spotting scopes, but they have too many mixed reviews on their rifle scopes. Below are some customer reviews from Optic Planet, and they look pretty bad. For that price range and specs, you may want to consider Simmon Classic Whitetail or Vortex Crossfire.

          link1: http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...fle-scope.html

          link2: http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...per-scope.html
          Last edited by mnguyen84; 01-03-2012, 8:28 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            mnguyen84
            Senior Member
            • May 2010
            • 1132



            maybe you can buy it from walmart. have it shipped to your local walmart, try it out, if it sucks, then return it.

            Comment

            • #7
              The War Wagon
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2011
              • 10294

              Originally posted by Turbomrdeuce
              I just want to know if it will take the recoil from my 7mm mag without ruining the reticle.



              Barska is cyrillic for, "Crap-o-la." Pinch your pennies, and save some more first. Leupold would be as a CHEAP as I would go on a 7mm mag.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Turbomrdeuce
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 728

                Originally posted by The War Wagon



                Barska is cyrillic for, "Crap-o-la." Pinch your pennies, and save some more first. Leupold would be as a CHEAP as I would go on a 7mm mag.
                im not trying to go cheap but I'm also not trying to invest too much on a scope. Whats the point of having a 1000$ scope if your not a marksmen. The scope is really only as good as the shooter and believe me I'm still a newb to this whole shooting scene.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Turbomrdeuce
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 728

                  Originally posted by mnguyen84
                  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Barska-6-2...12230215302434

                  maybe you can buy it from walmart. have it shipped to your local walmart, try it out, if it sucks, then return it.
                  i like the way you think

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Black Majik
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 9695

                    Originally posted by Turbomrdeuce
                    The scope is really only as good as the shooter and believe me I'm still a newb to this whole shooting scene.
                    Even if you aimed East and the bullet went West, you'd still be able to "outshoot" a Barska.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Turbomrdeuce
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 728

                      Originally posted by Black Majik
                      Even if you aimed East and the bullet went West, you'd still be able to "outshoot" a Barska.
                      lmao. I got a barska on my .22 it works great imo but what do I know. I got bad eyes and my 3-9 40 scope at 100 is ok but id like better. What do you suggest? Give me a link to a good scope

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Droppin Deuces
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 5969

                        What's your price range?
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Turbomrdeuce
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 728

                          Originally posted by Droppin Deuces
                          What's your price range?
                          id like not to go more than 200 but if i have to i will, reason being I'm buying a glock 19 for my wife and a xd9 with a ar15 that i want a eotech for. Plus i want a 1911 so id rather not dump a assload of money on a scope which will prolong me in my gun purchases

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Cuerno_de_Chivo
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 1270

                            Nikon prostaff is 150 and you can definitely trust nikon. Read reviews about it.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Droppin Deuces
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 5969

                              Check out Redfield as well. They seem to be right around that range and are made in the same building as Leupold.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1