Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommendations for a Scope (Remington 700)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MKUltra
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 1155

    Recommendations for a Scope (Remington 700)

    I am looking for recommendations for a scope to put on my Remington 700. It has a AICS stock if this matters with the scope rail. My budget only allows me to go up to $600 so that is what I have to work with. This will mainly be used at the range and maybe some hunting. I do not have any ideas so all suggestions welcomed as I can read up on them.
  • #2
    BC9696
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 2034

    Look at Hawkes...can't beat em for the money, compare w/ Leupold and Nikon. Amazing quality.
    Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

    The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
    The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

    Comment

    • #3
      HK Dave
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2008
      • 5737

      SWFA SS 3-9x at $600 is impossible to beat.

      Comment

      • #4
        brando
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 3694

        Actually, you can beat it up pretty easy - they are far from bomb-proof like USO
        --Brando

        Comment

        • #5
          stockranger
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 962

          sightron big sky 3-12x42 the right power range for hunting and range with great glass. Its also very light weight for its size.
          People who hug trees shouldn't live in wooden houses!

          Comment

          • #6
            Coyotegunner
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 1353

            I use prefer Burris Euro Diamond,Burris Signature,Zeiss Conquest,Leupold VX3.At least for hunting.Tags and time are hard to get.These are the clearest for the price range you are looking at I have found.

            Comment

            • #7
              uscbigdawg
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2007
              • 1869

              On my Remington 700 SPS-V in 308 that I used last at the Allegheny Sniper Challenge I have a Leupold Mk4 LR/T 4.5-14x40 with the TMR reticle. It's sweet for a SFP scope and MOA adjustments. Under $1k from the Custom Shop and lives happily on EGW base & rings (which I'll put up against ANYONE else's stuff since George and team machine the rings and bases for others that often say they do their own).

              As great as this scope is and outlasted and outperformed in the weather of West Virginia better than a lot of bigger named scope and kit. All that aside, on my 7WSM built by John Whidden, it's going to get a Vortex PST 6.5-20x MOA/MOA again on EGW base & rings. I love Vortex as their glass is better than Leupold, price point is right, they support the shooting sports and Scott (the owner) is a SUPER nice guy that stands behind their product.

              I get all my glass from CS Tactical as Mike really is a straight up and honest guy to buy from. Plus, he's a Calgunner and we have to try and keep California money within California. If we don't....well...we all fail. The only other scopes that I was looking at are a NF 5.5-22x50 and a Premier. The NF is not that bad on the price, but the Premier scope I'm looking at is a coin saver upper (it's a technical term).

              Rich
              "Speed is a tactic!" - R.W.

              "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

              "The callus on my finger is from my trigger, not the keyboard!" - Rob Leatham

              Comment

              • #8
                Hunt
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 4833

                not sure what you will be using it for, or the caliber of rifle? If you are using it for hunting the Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 is imo the best bang for the buck in this class and use, they can be had new for $400.00 and they come with a transferrable lifetime warranty.
                Protect public lands access http://www.backcountryhunters.org/

                Comment

                • #9
                  MKUltra
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 1155

                  Originally posted by Hunt
                  not sure what you will be using it for, or the caliber of rifle? If you are using it for hunting the Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 is imo the best bang for the buck in this class and use, they can be had new for $400.00 and they come with a transferrable lifetime warranty.

                  Thanks for all the ınput guys. I should have mentıoned that ıt ıs a .308. I wıll look ınto all the brands that were mentıoned.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    angrypeccary
                    Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 231

                    for the range and hunting try the millet lrs-1 its around 400 bucks and the reviews said its as good as leupold mark 4

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Hoop
                      Ready fo HILLARY!!
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 11544

                      Find a deal on a used Bushnell 3-12 FFP or maybe a Super Sniper 10X HD. Should be in the 600 buck range.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1