Going with a Vortex Viper 6.4-20x50 and a EGW 20 MOA one piece base. Looking to purchase Burris xtreme tact rings to complete the setup but Im unsure which size to get. I've read conflicting reports that the standard low rings will clear since Im using the 20MOA base ..............or that I need the medium rings since its a 50mm objective. If anyone could clear this up or have a similar setup, it would be greatly appreciated.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Remington 700 SPS Tact ring height help
Collapse
X
-
taggedSubscribe to my Youtube Channel!
sigpicOriginally posted by SnWnMeThe 45 ACP trail eventually leads to 1911 ownership. -
This is a forumula on sniperhide that lets you compute proper ring height.
Link:
Last edited by ronas; 08-03-2011, 6:21 AM.Comment
-
I've got the 44mm version and a GG&G base and I can rest my scope directly on the rail and still have clearance for the objective. So I thinking you just need to find the height that is good for the anatomical position of your eyeA mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
-Marko KloosComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,753
Posts: 25,151,282
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19185 users online. 77 members and 19108 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment