I'm just wondering how do you zero Matech rear BUIS? I know the military uses them on their service rifles, I've also noticed that it does have a windage adjustment knob, but no elevation knob? it does have a knob that is numbered for multiple distances of meters, but how do you adjust the elevation to make sure it's on point, let's say, 25 meters/27 yards? if the BUIS elevation is zero'ed from the factory, then which rail slot are you supposed to screw the BUIS on if that was the case? Thanks
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
How do you zero Matech Rear BUIS?
Collapse
X
-
Oh yeah! sorry I forgot about that very important detail! the FSP is for elevation, thank you for all your help without being a sarcastic jerk!Comment
-
Kmrtnsn has got it correct.
I actually like the MaTech sight over other BUIS because of its rudimentary BDC feature (that's the elevation lever you're talking about with the different distances. BDC stands for Bullet Drop Compensator). It is designed to be zeroed in with 62gr M855 with either a 14.5" M4 barrel or a 20" M16 barrel. You zero in the BDC feature by setting the elevation lever on the BUIS to the "300" for a 14.5" barrel or the "--" mark just below the 300 for a 20" barrel (and for a 16" barrel, I'd use the 300 setting). You then use the windage knob as well as adjusting the FSP for elevation to zero the sight at 25 meters. Voila, your BDC is now zeroed. You can now use the elevation lever on the MaTech BUIS to account for changes in distance.
Comment
-
Which yard do you think I should set up my target to zero it? 25 meters?Kmrtnsn has got it correct.
I actually like the MaTech sight over other BUIS because of its rudimentary BDC feature (that's the elevation lever you're talking about with the different distances. BDC stands for Bullet Drop Compensator). It is designed to be zeroed in with 62gr M855 with either a 14.5" M4 barrel or a 20" M16 barrel. You zero in the BDC feature by setting the elevation lever on the BUIS to the "300" for a 14.5" barrel or the "--" mark just below the 300 for a 20" barrel (and for a 16" barrel, I'd use the 300 setting). You then use the windage knob as well as adjusting the FSP for elevation to zero the sight at 25 meters. Voila, your BDC is now zeroed. You can now use the elevation lever on the MaTech BUIS to account for changes in distance.
Comment
-
You must zero the sight at 25 meters (approximately 27 yards) in order for the BDC to work properly.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,808
Posts: 25,151,855
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29688 users online. 64 members and 29624 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment