Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Red dot on socom 16 stripper clip.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • misterjake
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1034

    Red dot on socom 16 stripper clip.









    I looooove it!
  • #2
    Guns R Tools
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1782

    Cool setup.

    Does it hold up under recoil? Mount, Sight etc.

    Does it co-witness by any chance?
    'Cuz big holes are easier to see.

    You can correct my spelling and grammar error anytime.
    I welcome it. How else would I learn.

    Comment

    • #3
      MrPlink
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2010
      • 12532

      Originally posted by Guns R Tools
      Cool setup.

      Does it hold up under recoil? Mount, Sight etc.

      Does it co-witness by any chance?
      look at the pic, it clearly does not co witness.
      The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

      disclaimer:
      everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

      Comment

      • #4
        ElvenSoul
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Apr 2008
        • 17431

        Intresting!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          mocos
          Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 299

          it works...but it's not much different that putting on the forward scout rail because the height is the same and you will still need a cheek riser to get a consistent cheekweld. A problem with mounting it on the forward mount is that it transfers heat from the barrel through the mount to the optic and under sustained firing could affect the operation of the optic, particularly if it has electronics in it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Aldemar
            On Everyone's Ignore List
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2007
            • 4707

            Are there any issues with ejected brass hitting it?
            AL
            CGF Contributor
            NRA Golden Eagle

            Being north of
            70 has definite advantages: I was able to do all my stupid stuff before video cameras, smartphones, utube, and the internet.

            Comment

            • #7
              misterjake
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 1034

              Brass was flying forward 7 feet when I took it to the range. I then cut off the rear left part of the picatinny rail on the red dot and not it sits back 1/4". Have not taken it to the range yet with the red dot further back.

              it did not move when I fired it, but I only got to shoot 40 rounds.

              I like this setup, no irons in the way, just a nice red dot, point and shoot.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1