Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

IOR 10X56 Illuminated

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wildcard
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 4924

    IOR 10X56 Illuminated

    Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them? It seems that most of the pictures that I can find are outdated and of the non-illuminated model. I've found one picture where I can actually see the illumination adjustment knob on top of the eye piece.. but I can't figure out where you would adjust parallax/ focus!

    Does anyone know where parallax/ focus is adjusted? I can't find any pictures of the scopes left side for side focus.. and there's no markings on the objective bell!
  • #2
    rksimple
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2006
    • 6257

    From what I can see from the specs on their website, it doesn't have parallax adjustment. Focus should be on the eyepiece. As with most any IOR, it should be a winner.
    GAP Team Shooter 5

    Comment

    • #3
      wildcard
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 4924

      Yeah, I don't think it permits for parallax adjustments. Not really important if you have a good cheek weld and you're looking exactly down the center of the tube everytime.. but it's nice to have just in case. Looks like i'll be spending $1000 for another one with an illuminated reticle and parallax adjustment. Only downside is that it has adjustable magnification: http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03o Not such a big deal if it were first focal plane.. but it isn't.

      Gotta think about this one.

      Comment

      • #4
        rksimple
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2006
        • 6257

        For $1295, rings included, you may still be able to get one of the special run IOR 3-18x42 FFP scopes from Liberty Optics. Its not illuminated, but has mil turrets and a special A5 reticle. Worth looking into if thats something you want. Mine should be here next month.
        GAP Team Shooter 5

        Comment

        • #5
          DJDace
          Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 474

          Originally posted by wildcard
          Yeah, I don't think it permits for parallax adjustments. Not really important if you have a good cheek weld and you're looking exactly down the center of the tube everytime.. but it's nice to have just in case. Looks like i'll be spending $1000 for another one with an illuminated reticle and parallax adjustment. Only downside is that it has adjustable magnification: http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03o Not such a big deal if it were first focal plane.. but it isn't.

          Gotta think about this one.
          Uhhh Prc and I can assure you, there is NOTHING wrong with that scope choice.

          Comment

          • #6
            Prc329
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2006
            • 5603

            Originally posted by wildcard
            Yeah, I don't think it permits for parallax adjustments. Not really important if you have a good cheek weld and you're looking exactly down the center of the tube everytime.. but it's nice to have just in case. Looks like i'll be spending $1000 for another one with an illuminated reticle and parallax adjustment. Only downside is that it has adjustable magnification: http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03o Not such a big deal if it were first focal plane.. but it isn't.

            Gotta think about this one.
            That is my baby. I paid $930 for it. Look in this forum for my thoughts on the matter. Wonderful scope and worth every penny. I moved from a Super Sniper. The Super Sniper was good but the IOR is incredible.
            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1