Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

advice on laser range finders?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jwind
    Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 174

    advice on laser range finders?

    Looking into buying a laser range finder. I don't plan on hunting, want one just to have it in case of any needs to figure out distance comes up. Was hoping someone here has some input on a few finders? Maybe recommendations?

    I've narrowed it down to three. 1- Bushnell sport 600, 2- Bushnell Medalist, 3- Wildgame Innovations LR900x remington, " adding Bushnell scout 1000 " If you calguners have others, either that you yourself have used, or would recommend, please post em. I like to keep it under $250.00 if possible. And the further out it can reach, the better.
    Last edited by Jwind; 12-03-2010, 2:31 AM. Reason: adding a 4th to list
  • #2
    Trapper
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 2159

    I've been hunting with a Nikon 800 laser range finder for the past five years. The deciding factors for me were the fact that it's water proof and has a digital processor. The ocular lense isn't very big so it doesn't gather much light but battery life is fantastic. Under perfect conditions I can range out past 700yds and out to 600 with almost any conditions and background.
    When the battle drum beats, it is too late to sharpen your sword."
    Sir Winston Churchill

    Comment

    • #3
      freonr22
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2008
      • 12948

      i had a Nikon also, nice piece for the $ Natchez usually has them refurb for $200
      sigpic
      Originally posted by dantodd
      We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
      Originally posted by bwiese
      They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
      Originally posted by louisianagirl
      Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

      Comment

      • #4
        freonr22
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2008
        • 12948



        here
        sigpic
        Originally posted by dantodd
        We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
        Originally posted by bwiese
        They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
        Originally posted by louisianagirl
        Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

        Comment

        • #5
          fcr
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 971

          Just curious, I have a Bushnell that I use for golf. It is about 10 years old. It goes through batteries like water. Does the newer LR's also do that ?

          Comment

          • #6
            Jwind
            Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 174

            Thanks guys! Guess I'm getting a Nikon then. That refurb one should fit the bill, thanks Freonr22. Fcr, i'll let you know my battery life after I get it.

            Comment

            • #7
              rero360
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 3927

              Come on, Go big or go home, Vector 25 or nothing (I wish I had one, might be getting some for my platoon though) They are the absolute best, 25 kilometer range and when coupled with a gps can do some pretty amazing things.

              I have a Leupold RX III that has a max range of around 750, its a pretty good little unit but I've actually out grown it and need something new, in the 1,500 or greater range

              Comment

              • #8
                Jwind
                Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 174

                Originally posted by rero360
                Come on, Go big or go home, Vector 25 or nothing (I wish I had one, might be getting some for my platoon though) They are the absolute best, 25 kilometer range and when coupled with a gps can do some pretty amazing things.

                I have a Leupold RX III that has a max range of around 750, its a pretty good little unit but I've actually out grown it and need something new, in the 1,500 or greater range
                Your not helping! lol, I'm fighting every urge to go to the 1200yds and up. But if my pockets were real deep, and I wanted to go big... And I mean BIG. I'd go with the link below

                Comment

                • #9
                  rero360
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3927

                  I'm not 100% sure on the price of the V25 but I would be willing to wager that it would be easily 10 grand less than that one, plus its 7 power magnification with an attachable magnifier that bumps it up to 10x

                  Or....if you want thermal capabilities as well, with alot more zoom, and have built in GPS and don't mind more weight and bulk, check out the LLDR by Northrop Grumman, They claim a max range of just shy of 20K according to the PDF online, but the furthest I've been able to lase with it was right around 10K, but the terrain was limiting. Down side to them is the batteries are insanely expensive and rare, but you can get a converter and hook it up to your car battery.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    fcr
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 971

                    Here is a link I found, good info
                    Laser Range Finders for hunting and target shooting. Burris, Bushnell, Leica, Leupold, Swarovski Rangefinders. Laser tests 800, 900, 1000, 1200, 1500 yards. Millirad laser beam infrared. AccurateShooter.com has Reloading Data, Message Boards, Reader Polls, and Photo Gallery. Event calendar and rifle competition. Gear reviews (gun barrels, powders, primers, gunstocks, dies), accuracy, ballistics, component sales, tools, gunsmiths. Articles for reloading, marksmanship, gunsmithing, varminting.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Jwind
                      Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 174

                      Originally posted by fcr
                      Here is a link I found, good info
                      http://www.6mmbr.com/rangefinders.html#bushnell
                      Reconsidering my options now lol. Thanks though

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1