Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ACOG reticle question: TA11 or TA11F?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • QuarterBoreGunner
    Administrator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 9389

    ACOG reticle question: TA11 or TA11F?

    This is planned for a flat-top 20" 5.56 upper, so what's the consensus?

    Are you a donut guy or do you prefer the croissant? (circle vs. chevron)

    I'm leaning towards the TA11F (chevron) for a little more precision.
    /Chris

    I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

    You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
    Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
    Like who?
    Farmers.
    Who else?
    Farmers' mums.
  • #2
    donger
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1560

    I have the TA11F and can't say enough good things about it. The only problem with the ACOGs are the lack of eye relief.

    The chevron is definitely more precise than the donut but I think the crosshair NSN version and the chevron are a toss up.


    ETA: I have a TA31F not the TA11F.
    Last edited by donger; 06-07-2007, 6:40 PM.
    Certified Ragaholic

    Comment

    • #3
      QuarterBoreGunner
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 9389

      Good to hear that; I'm also looking at the TA-35 recommended by Mister Wiese.
      /Chris

      I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

      You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
      Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
      Like who?
      Farmers.
      Who else?
      Farmers' mums.

      Comment

      • #4
        Grakken
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2006
        • 1095

        Originally posted by donger
        I have the TA11F and can't say enough good things about it. The only problem with the ACOGs are the lack of eye relief.

        The chevron is definitely more precise than the donut but I think the crosshair NSN version and the chevron are a toss up.


        ETA: I have a TA31F not the TA11F.
        Not to Hijack...

        I am contemplating a TA31F...What do you mean by lack of eye relief. Also, where did you get yours and for how much? PM me if you dont want to say here... Thanks!
        NRA - Life Member

        Guns don't kill people. People Kill people.

        Comment

        • #5
          donger
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1560

          Originally posted by Grakken
          Not to Hijack...

          I am contemplating a TA31F...What do you mean by lack of eye relief. Also, where did you get yours and for how much? PM me if you dont want to say here... Thanks!
          Eyeball is too close to the exit lens.

          I don't know how much it cost, my wife bought it for me for my birthday. What a good wife!
          Certified Ragaholic

          Comment

          • #6
            bwiese
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Oct 2005
            • 27621

            I have to say the chevron reticle is very useful for precision shooting.

            While the donut is good for C.O.M use, the vertex of the chevron can serve quite similarly to a fine dot or to a crosshair center reticle.

            Bill Wiese
            San Jose, CA

            CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
            sigpic
            No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
            to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
            ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
            employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
            legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

            Comment

            • #7
              QuarterBoreGunner
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 9389

              It looks like the TA11F is the way to go; now I need recommendations as to who a=has the best price/delivery.
              /Chris

              I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

              You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
              Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
              Like who?
              Farmers.
              Who else?
              Farmers' mums.

              Comment

              • #8
                bwiese
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Oct 2005
                • 27621

                I'll have to add that I have a TA01B 4X ACOG (308 cal) with crosshair reticle and it's very nice too. In fact that is the one I prefer.

                Bill Wiese
                San Jose, CA

                CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
                sigpic
                No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
                to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
                ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
                employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                Comment

                • #9
                  thmpr
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3785

                  Found the cross hair to be of preference for many shooters and now I know why: Provides fine placement on the target.
                  NRA Life Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hiyabrad
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 1407

                    Who has the best prices for ACOG'S?

                    And in stock?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      grammaton76
                      Administrator
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 9511

                      Got to try out the F this weekend - it was great.
                      Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ivorykid
                        Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 375

                        I just got the TA31F. I definitely like the chevron.

                        ^ = precise
                        O = sort-of there

                        Brownells now carries ACOGs. And if you have a C&R or are otherwise a member of the firearms business, they have some pretty good discounts.
                        "Polls are tests to see how well the propaganda is working" -G. Sepp

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1