Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

redfield revolution 3x9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sportsman
    Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 352

    redfield revolution 3x9

    anyone know anything about these.the price is right and shooting times gave it a great review
  • #2
    glane5910
    Junior Member
    • May 2009
    • 87

    Originally posted by sportsman
    anyone know anything about these.the price is right and shooting times gave it a great review
    I haven't had a chance to play with one yet but from all the reviews that are coming out I'd say its a winner. That low of a price for a "Made in the USA" scope is hard to beat. Leupold stands by their products 100% so if they are giving these scopes a lifetime warranty, you can't loose. I was semi-looking for something to put on top my NEF handi-rifle in 22-250 so the 4-12x40 just might be the ticket if I don't put it on my 308 Howa first. These are cheaper than many of the imports from Simmons etc. Looks to be a winning deal. Kudos to Leupold for doing this. We need to start making more products here in the US.
    Greg

    Comment

    • #3
      Satex
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2006
      • 3501

      I really don't understand what Leupold is doing. Seems like they decided to take the GM approach to cannibalizing their own business.

      Comment

      • #4
        BlackMark
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 29

        I just got a 3-9x40 with the Accurange reticle for my .450 Bushmaster AR. The scope is impeccable,and the glass is very clear. I am planning to buy a couple more,the next for my Ruger #1A .204 ,and a 3-9x50 for my LR-308 AP4. The demo video at the Redfield site using the Accurange 3-9x50 on an AR to hit targets in rapid fire from 100 to 500 yrds is impressive!

        Comment

        • #5
          FMJBT
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 4888

          Nice looking scope, I like the simple reticle for holdovers. Lightweight too, the 3-9X40 is only 12 ounces. That video on their site looks a bit odd though. All 5 water jugs from 100 to 500 yards are visible on screen, and the 500 yard jug looks MUCH closer than 500 yards. From the first 100 yard jug, it looks like there is only about 20 yards or so between the next 4 down the line. I'm gonna have to hoist the B.S. flag on the video, although the scope does look promising.
          U.S. Navy (Retired) 1994-2015

          Comment

          • #6
            FMJBT
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 4888

            VIDEO

            U.S. Navy (Retired) 1994-2015

            Comment

            • #7
              f4ipowered
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 38

              Redfield Video

              The video shot of the 5 water jugs is setup in such a way that they do look close to each other. It seems to me that in the slow motion section at time 1:22 shows how much the bullet goes up, and then drops back down before striking the target. That shot would have had the big holdover. That wouldnt have happened if they were faking the shot at a closer range right?

              Its also worth looking at the super expensive camera and kit that they used for the shot. You can see it for about 10 seconds at the end. I think the quality of the camera equip and the way they setup the shot does make them look close, but the bullet path in slow motion shows that they are far away.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1