I was curious to know how tight should the iron sight be tighten on the rails of my ar? Just got an mi rear sight and obviously not to loose but I don't want to over do it.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Tighting iron sights on rails?
Collapse
X
-
Tighting iron sights on rails?
sigpic
#ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyouTags: None -
I was thinking about getting a wheeler fat wrench. It has a torque indicator to about 65in lbs. It maybe worth it.
I just used the hex key that came with it and gave it some elbow grease. What is a gerber by the way? I looked it up and there is a lot of different type of tools.
sigpic
#ifyourhandtouchesmetalI swearbymyprettyfloralbonnetIwillendyouComment
-
use a pipe wrench it wont come off...Comment
-
-
-
Depends on the size of the screw and the material it screws into.
40 in-lbs is good for a #8 screw in aluminum or 50 in-lbs in steel.
50 in-lbs is good for a #10 screw in aluminum or 60 in-lbs in steel.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,854
Posts: 25,152,521
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 12392 users online. 116 members and 12276 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment