Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best place to purchase an Eotech

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ledman
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 2512

    Best place to purchase an Eotech

    I have been looking for an Eotech for my AR...any suggestions on a place that has a good price? I have been searching around, Ebay has some, not sure about those, some seem to good to be true, even though they say they are real Eotechs...how do I know they are not for an Airsoft? Models numbers? I am looking at a Eotech XPS20 for $439 shipped from ebay. Is that a decent price?



    Thak you!
    USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
    3rd Battalion 9th Marines
    1st Marine Division FMF
    Camp Pendelton, CA
    sigpic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines
  • #2
    6172crew
    Moderator Emeritus
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 6240

    Originally posted by ledman
    I have been looking for an Eotech for my AR...any suggestions on a place that has a good price? I have been searching around, Ebay has some, not sure about those, some seem to good to be true, even though they say they are real Eotechs...how do I know they are not for an Airsoft? Models numbers? I am looking at a Eotech XPS20 for $439 shipped from ebay. Is that a decent price?


    Thak you!
    Why not buy used, or like new in the for sale section? Some good deals in there.
    sigpic
    HMM-161 Westpac 1994

    Comment

    • #3
      ledman
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 2512

      Originally posted by 6172crew
      Why not buy used, or like new in the for sale section? Some good deals in there.
      Yeah, I have been checking there...but I have not really seen anything, except some Eotech clones...so, I will keep looking.
      USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
      3rd Battalion 9th Marines
      1st Marine Division FMF
      Camp Pendelton, CA
      sigpic
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

      Comment

      • #4
        rubenrivas
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 220

        I have an eotech listed. I paid about $700.00. I have listed on calguns for $450.00. I listed it on the third of september. look it up. I have a picture on the listing as well. thx

        Comment

        • #5
          SeanF
          Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 148

          I saw a real one go for 250 the other night.

          Comment

          • #6
            ledman
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 2512

            250? Dang, that would be nice...
            USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
            3rd Battalion 9th Marines
            1st Marine Division FMF
            Camp Pendelton, CA
            sigpic
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

            Comment

            • #7
              rabagley
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2008
              • 7180

              Externally, fakes look exactly like the real deal.

              To verify that it's a real eotech, you'll need to look through it. First, you should see "speckles" instead of a sharp "dot in ring" image. The speckles are from the laser projecting the hologram. If you don't see speckles, it's not a laser projection and it's a fake.

              Second big hint is if there's a third button in the middle and that button changes the dot/reticle color from red to green. Real eotech's don't have multiple colors. In some real eotech's, the third button enables the "night vision" mode and turns the intensity WAY down, which is pretty much so dim as to appear off to the naked eye.

              In terms of sight unseen, there is no way to verify. Either you have some other way to trust the seller or you're just rolling the dice.

              I bought a 552 from the calguns market for $360 with the GGG covers and met the seller face-to-face to complete the transaction. Keep an eye out and jump on any reasonably priced offer where you can meet up.
              "Ecuador offers the United States $23 million a year in economic aid, an amount similar to what we were receiving under the tariff benefits, with the purpose of providing human rights training that will contribute to avoid violations of people's privacy, that degrade humanity," --Fernando Alvarado

              Comment

              • #8
                TerryAR15
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 235

                I know ADDAX Sells new Eotech's for good prices...

                Comment

                • #9
                  ledman
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 2512

                  thanks everyone I found one.
                  USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
                  3rd Battalion 9th Marines
                  1st Marine Division FMF
                  Camp Pendelton, CA
                  sigpic
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nessal
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 2261

                    Originally posted by rubenrivas
                    I have an eotech listed. I paid about $700.00. I have listed on calguns for $450.00. I listed it on the third of september. look it up. I have a picture on the listing as well. thx
                    Christ what eotech do you have that sells for $700?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      vega
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 2972

                      Originally posted by rabagley
                      Externally, fakes look exactly like the real deal.

                      To verify that it's a real eotech, you'll need to look through it. First, you should see "speckles" instead of a sharp "dot in ring" image. The speckles are from the laser projecting the hologram. If you don't see speckles, it's not a laser projection and it's a fake.............
                      Having no experience with Eotech I thought I bought a fake one when I saw the speckles. I removed my glasses and all hell broke loose. All I saw was a big speckle and I was ready to call Lloyd (calgun member). I went to an airsoft store who sells real ones and clones to compare. Contact Lloyd if he can give you a good deal.

                      ETA - Lloyd is evollep3 here at CG.
                      Last edited by vega; 09-12-2009, 5:52 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Hump0311
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 2883

                        Ok I've had alot of experiance with EO TECH and if you want to know a good model for your AR i would say go with eotech model HDS552
                        or a variant of it. price should range about $269 - $469 the buttons on the EOTECH should be an on/off switch , a dimmer up/down switch I have never bought tactical gear off of ebay so i could not tell you but i'll look around to see if i cant find a website with a good deal. I want to say i saw some in sportsmansguide awhile back for around 250-300 price range but i dont know if they still have them. Look for LE/MIL approved ones because they can take a beating
                        Last edited by Hump0311; 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bear
                          Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 411

                          Hey ledman, where did you buy one, and how much?
                          Sportsmans Guide sells them for $359 for 'members only', other than that they all seem to run about $400. This is the 552.
                          eBay seems a bit risky to me, UNLESS it's being sold by a 'real store'

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            vega
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 2972

                            Del-ton have 15%...not as cheap but how much is membership from SG?

                            Limited Time Offer on EOTech Night Vision Models!

                            Del-Ton, Inc is always striving to bring high quality AR-15 parts to our customers at competive and affordable prices. For a limited time Del-Ton is offering Night Vision EoTechs at a special price, only to our valued customers.

                            EoTech Model 551 on sale @ $356.15 each.



                            EoTech Model 552 on sale @ $407.15 each.



                            EoTech Model 553 on sale at $543.15



                            All 3 models are in stock and ready to ship immediately, yes that's right no wait time! This exceptional offer is only valid until September 22, 2009.

                            Use coupon code KTN827 for online checkout. Coupon code is caps sensitive. Click the links above, or visit our web site at www.del-ton.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              maxicon
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 4661

                              I'd recommend against the 511/551. Nobody's happy with the N battery models these days. If you want to go cheap, get the 512/552.
                              sigpic
                              NRA Life Member

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1