Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Primary Arms Microprism (3x) vs Vortex Spitfire Gen 2 (3X)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • enorbit3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 2656

    Primary Arms Microprism (3x) vs Vortex Spitfire Gen 2 (3X)

    Anyone have any experience with either of these prism optics?

    I was tossing around the idea of getting an ACOG, but then stumbled onto these 3x Prisms.

    Not sure if there is a major difference between the two. I wasnt able to find any comparisons online and wanted to see what you all thought.

    Primary Arms
    After rigorous field testing, this optic has been given a silver-tier rating by the National Tactical Officers Association and is a 2022 Industry Choice Awards (ICA) red dot of the year winner!This Primary Arms MicroPrism is part of the SLx optics line.


    Vortex


    They both have BDC reticles and the PA version is much cheaper.

    Also, not really intertested in a LPVO right now...
    LAPD CCW Timeline:
    Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
    Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
    Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
    DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
    CCW Training - 2/25/23
    Firearms - 3/1/23
    LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
    CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23
  • #2
    enorbit3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 2656

    no one huh? bueller?

    no one has a PA or Vortex prism that they want to share their thoughts about?
    LAPD CCW Timeline:
    Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
    Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
    Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
    DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
    CCW Training - 2/25/23
    Firearms - 3/1/23
    LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
    CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23

    Comment

    • #3
      Spaceghost
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2006
      • 5772

      I want a PA prism, but need to wait for a bit.

      I would suggest looking on gun.deals in the optics section regularly. I saw several really tempting deals on the PA prisms there.

      Comment

      • #4
        static2126
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2013
        • 5619

        Does it need to be 3x? The 2x micro prism is my do everything optic (have 8 or so of them) and it is fantastic.

        I have tried most optics available and the 2x glx is the best do everything optic imo

        Comment

        • #5
          enorbit3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 2656

          No doesn't have to be 3x. But i dig the micro aspect of it. Think its smaller than the 2x...
          LAPD CCW Timeline:
          Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
          Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
          Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
          DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
          CCW Training - 2/25/23
          Firearms - 3/1/23
          LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
          CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23

          Comment

          • #6
            HKAllTheThings
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2020
            • 1313

            Originally posted by static2126
            Does it need to be 3x? The 2x micro prism is my do everything optic (have 8 or so of them) and it is fantastic.

            I have tried most optics available and the 2x glx is the best do everything optic imo

            Comment

            • #7
              Full Clip
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Dec 2006
              • 10266

              The PA 3x has been getting great reviews.
              I'm also thinking of picking one up as a carry-handle optic.
              An ACOG is kinda out of my price range.

              Comment

              • #8
                JWHuey
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 2300

                I have the 2nd gen pa 3x.

                It is excellent, but large. I imagine the new micro one is awesome.

                Looks MUCH better, as well.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mezcalfud
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1503

                  I've been considering the pa 3x as well for a new project but just can't pull the trigger yet.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1